Camera Controlled Marble Labyrinth

I have been playing around with a relatively simple project that uses two servos to control the angle of a marble labyrinth game. I have just been doing it manually with two potentiometers and it is a fun update on the classic, but I would really like to take it up to the next level.

I want to use an old PS3 eye camera (or any other camera that might be a better fit) to position over top of the maze and then have the computer solve it by watching the marble move.

There are a lot of things that I will need to figure out but my first question is with regards to the camera. I have seen people use the PS3 cameras so I know they work, but is there a better (ideally simpler) camera that people might suggest? Also, can anyone direct me to any resources on how to program the camera for object tracking?

Thank you all for your help.

CMUCam Pixy might do it.

Sounds more like a Pi project than Arduino. Pi has it's own (separately priced) camera accessory too.

I have seen people use the PS3 cameras so I know they work, but is there a better (ideally simpler) camera that people might suggest?

Raspberry Pi Camera?

Also, can anyone direct me to any resources on how to program the camera for object tracking?

OpenCV