Camera feed and controls with the same wifi module

Hello!

We are making a robot and I was wondering if it's possible to use one wifi module to control the robot with a phone and get the camera feed to the phone... I was thinking about having transparent controls over the camera feed...

Thanks in advance :)

IceBlitZZZ: Hello!

We are making a robot and I was wondering if it's possible to use one wifi module to control the robot with a phone and get the camera feed to the phone... I was thinking about having transparent controls over the camera feed...

Thanks in advance :)

Meanwhile, what will the Arduino be doing?

well.... it's a robot on 2 wheels so .... controlling the 2 wheel motors, controlling a motor for a "hand" to push itself up/stand up on its own... that's basically it... doing everything using a wifi module and a phone...

it's a robot on 2 wheels so .... controlling the 2 wheel motors, controlling a motor for a "hand" to push itself up/stand up on its own... that's basically it

So given that we are an Arduino forum, what part of that do you want help with?

Grumpy_Mike: So given that we are an Arduino forum, what part of that do you want help with?

I'm asking how I'd make the arduino send the camera feed to a phone through a wifi module :) and eventually displaying it through an app that would have transparent controls to move the robot since TouchOSC can't handle it ...

There is just about no way you can send a video link through say an ESP8266. Way too much data for those processors to handle. ATmega processors as used in the Arduino are much slower with much less memory than the ESP8266 so just forget about routing video through them. They can't handle that. It makes more sense to separate these two. Get a regular web cam/security cam, one that can rotate and so and you can control through an app, and then a separate WiFi connection to talk to the Arduino that controls the rest of the robot.

wvmarle: There is just about no way you can send a video link through say an ESP8266. Way too much data for those processors to handle. ATmega processors as used in the Arduino are much slower with much less memory than the ESP8266 so just forget about routing video through them. They can't handle that. It makes more sense to separate these two. Get a regular web cam/security cam, one that can rotate and so and you can control through an app, and then a separate WiFi connection to talk to the Arduino that controls the rest of the robot.

but wouldn't that require 2 phones?

IceBlitZZZ: but wouldn't that require 2 phones?

Not necessarily. Can't you browse two websites at the same time? I certainly can on my PC.

And, if it does require 2 phones then that's what it requires.

...R

If you really want to mix video with the other controls, you may be able to do this with a Rasperry Pi acting as web/video server. This would be on top of the Arduino (handling the controls) and the camera. The RPi is simply a much more powerful platform than Arduino.