can a atmega328p-pu with uno bootloader work on duemilanove arduino?

i recent purchase a lot of atmega328p-pu with uno bootloader bot i got the arduino duemilanove , i found that
if i choose in the ide uno instead the board duemilanove i could upload and i tested the blink 13 led and worked ok

but then i just upload a recent program that i already tested on the original atmeg328 that came with the arduino
and that i know works 100% ok , but with this ones atmegas328p-pu with uno bootloader does not work...

(the program uses rx to receive midi data...)

any solution?

thanks
pedro

Chips bootloaded as Uno will work in Duemilanove. Select Uno as board type - the bootloader and 16 MHz crystal is what make its an Uno, and not the rest of the board.

Thanks for the replay , but the problem is other , i program the atmega328p pu. with uno bootloader using the ide option board uno
the program is uploaded ok but then , does not work on the breadboard schem , but if i upload to my original atmega328p pu that came with the duemilanove board it works ok . i have boughted a lot of this new atmega328 pu. and. none of them work
as the one that came with the arduino. :frowning:

well i did not find a solution so i just , made a breadboard to write the duemilanove bootloader to them
and know they are working.

Thanks
Pedro