Can a IRF3205 MOSFET be used with a 5v logic?

I found a handful of IRF3205 MOSFETs and I was wondering if the 5v Arduino can operate these. Some of the information leads me to think that the gate requires 10 volts.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mark

You are (unfortunately) right in that these are not logic-level MOSFET's and will have a high-ish resistance at 5V gate voltage. The rated on-resistance of 8 milliohms is only good when the gate voltage is 10V.

--
The Rugged Circuits Yellowjacket: 802.11 WiFi module with ATmega328P microcontroller, only 1.6" x 1.2", bootloader

Thank you for the fast reply! The FETs didn't cost me anything, I will just store them in the parts bin and maybe find a use some other time.

cyclegadget:
I found a handful of IRF3205 MOSFETs and I was wondering if the 5v Arduino can operate these. Some of the information leads me to think that the gate requires 10 volts.

IRF3205 Datasheet

Thanks in advance for any help,
Mark

It's only rated for 10V on the gate. It might work a bit at 5V but it might not - different devices will behave differently and its behaviour will change with age and temperature.

If a device is logic-level it will have the Rds(on) given for Vgs=4.5V (or sometimes 5.0V). Internation Rectifier logic-level FETs generally have an "L" in the part number, note.

If a device is logic-level it will have the Rds(on) given for Vgs=4.5V (or sometimes 5.0V). Internation Rectifier logic-level FETs generally have an "L" in the part number, note.

Handy information thank you!