Can a L293d shield handle 2 dc motors and one servo motor?

Can a L293d motor shield handle 2 dc motors and one servo motor at once? I am trying to build a project where it uses 2 dc and 1 servo motors, I am not quite sure if it can handle the specified motors.

If it cannot handle 2 dc motors and one servo motor then please specify a solution.

Thanks

Depends, on the motors.

That ancient L293D shield can only drive tiny toy motors, and the supply to the 3-pin headers for the servos is derived from Arduino's 5volt pin (bad idea).

Start by telling us which motors you want to use (link to the motors), and which servos. Leo..

Hey, Leo
thanks for replying…

The motors i am using for the project are the Tower Pro SG90 Mini 9g Gear Micro Digital Servo Motor, and for the 2 dc motors it is GENERIC E_14009429 DC motor…

I have linked the websites below.

DC MOTOR

SERVO MOTOR

arduino image yy2.jpg

arduino image yy1.jpg

arduino image yy2.jpg
arduino image yy1.jpg

Should be no problem. The L293D motor shield seems to be able to handle four DC motors and two servos. And it connects to external power. Doesn't that mean that the external power goes to the motors, both the DC motors and the servos? And the Arduino only provides the signals. |500x500

Ok, thanks a lot.

What actually happens if the motor is not supposed to handle 2 dc motors and one servo motors at once.

Thanks.

The motors draw more current than the shield can provide. At its best, the voltage drops and the Arduino stops working. At its worst, a voltage regulator and the 293 chips burn.

Oh thanks a lot on the info,

then is it fine to connect the servo directly to the arduino directly?

If not pls provide solution.

Thanks

abhinav_a: then is it fine to connect the servo directly to the arduino directly?

If not pls provide solution.

The designer of the shield thinks you can (servo supply is connected to the 5volt pin).

Adafruit has a picture of the v1 shield with a VS-2 servo attached (800mA stall).

Your SG-90 has a stall current less than that (~650mA).

All of this is in theory too much for the 5volt regulator of the Arduino, but they are tough cookies. Just power the shield on the screw terminal with a battery holder for six AA batteries (9volt), and hope for the best. Leo..

Thanks a lot for clarifying my question guys.

Hope you have a great day