can analog to digital converter outputs to digital output ?

i want to use the arduino's ADC to outputs a digital signal can be fed to another microcontroller
can I use ONE digital output for each ADC input or i must use 10 DO as the ADC gives 10 bits?
I mean I want to use the arduino as a ADC only
and if the analog ref is 3v , is the DO will be 3v also?

shadymamdouh:
i want to use the arduino's ADC to outputs a digital signal can be fed to another microcontroller

No problem.
Printing the A/D value to serial monitor is one example.

shadymamdouh:
can I use ONE digital output for each ADC input or i must use 10 DO as the ADC gives 10 bits?

The A/D converts an analogue input voltage to a digital value. 0-1023
You can use that value for whatever you want.
PWM one output to change the brightness of a LED is one example.

shadymamdouh:
I mean I want to use the arduino as a ADC only

At some stage you might want to do something with the data.

shadymamdouh:
and if the analog ref is 3v , is the DO will be 3v also?

No.
Digital outs switch between ground and supply voltage.

Aref voltage sets the upper level of the voltage to be sampled.

If Aref is made 1.1volt, 0 to 1.1volt input will give a 0 to 1023 value.
Anything above 1.1volt input will be 1023.

Input voltage has to be limited to the supply voltage of the micro (3.3volt or 5volt).
Leo..

"i want to use the arduino's ADC to outputs a digital signal can be fed to another microcontroller
I mean I want to use the arduino as a ADC only"

It is not clear what you want to do.

1. You can use arduino analog input, to read an analog voltage and store that in a variable.
  2. You can send the value of that variable out to other microcontrollers as serial, I2C, or in a parallel 10 bit mode, and other ways.

Which way do you want arduino to send the value out to the next microcontroller (what can it accept)?

I use a DSP as the controller for a Motor control project but I found that its ADC's are broken
but I have the Arduino Mega board, so I decided to use ADC of the arduino to solve the problem
I use the ADC to measure the currents of the motor( AC currents) through current transducers
I need only 2 channels
How can I do this ?
I use MAtlab/Simulink for programming

I don't yet understand what your goal is.
Do you want to turn a motor on, and off after several minutes?
Do you want to control the speed of the AC motor?

Please describe your project in more detail.

I use a DSP as the controller for a Motor control project but I found that its ADC's are broken
but I have the Arduino Mega board, so I decided to use ADC of the arduino to solve the problem
I use the ADC to measure the currents of the motor( AC currents) through current transducers
I need only 2 channels
How can I do this ?
I use MAtlab/Simulink for programming

I use quadrature encoder to measure speed and my DSP has a QEP module that connect the encoder pulses (A B Z) with it to measure position and speed of rotor this feature doesnt be found in arduino
if it is solved I can use arduino only

i will do a control method called Direct Torque Control of PMSM that like Field Oriented Ctrl
so I need to measure currents using ADC and measure Speed using encoder
I use a DSP but its ADC are broken so i decided to use ADC of an already owned arduino

Please do not cross-post. Threads merged.