Can anyone identify this component?

This appears to be in a tiny SOT353 package (though it could also be SOT23-5).

It is marked with HF .

I did try to gooole it of course, but i ended up with different alternatives that don't much the packaging.

Can anyone tell what it is ?

Thanks!

IMG_20210321_094614.jpg

IMG_20210321_094614.jpg

It is an interesting picture because it plays a sort of optical illusion with the bottom row of pins. Depending on how you look at it, these can appear to project upwards.
But sorry. I can't help with the identification.

6v6gt:
It is an interesting picture because it plays a sort of optical illusion with the bottom row of pins. Depending on how you look at it, these can appear to project upwards.
But sorry. I can't help with the identification.

Hi,
Yes! This is the top of the chip of course. I had to magnify it several times and try to get the light right for the markings to be readable!

You do need very good light to see these grey on black markings - even by eye and magnifiers!

Why do you have an orphan part? :grinning:

Small components often have manufacturer specific short-codes, which are hard to work with
as there's no guarantee they are unique, and no one place to find them. You'll have better luck
from the context of the circuit it came from.

5 pin SOT23-5 packages like this can be many different types of component, analog or digital, its hard to
test systematically without some prior knowledge to limit the options.

Hi,
Is there a reason you need to know what this component is, it looks like it has never been soldered?

Tom... :slight_smile:

This is a brand new component. I have a piece of reel tape with 10 of these which means i must have bought them at some point but can't remember when and for what reason!

One of those Arduino based ‘component testers’ sold on eBay might help place it in a category, however, there are only 3 test leads on these testers.

Also, these testers only identify simple things like MOSFETs capacitors . . .

larryd:
One of those Arduino based ‘component testers’ sold on eBay might help place it in a category, however, there are only 3 test leads on these testers.

Also, these testers only identify simple things like MOSFETs capacitors . . .

Yes I have one of those. But it wont help with 5 pins....

Try 3 pins at a time.

Some 8 pin MOSFETs have 3 pins all connected to the drain . . .

Are any of the pins common to other pins ?

Think back, did you ever order OP amps or voltage regulators ?

larryd:
Think back, did you ever order OP amps or voltage regulators ?

Hmm no. I always use the same regulators and none of them looks like this.
Same with op amps

Btw it was found in a drawer with logic chips but it could have been misplaced

I Googled "5 pin ic" and he sent back lots of images. I did not look for your specific device, but you can if you have the time.
Paul

We’re you looking at ‘Share Tips and Tricks’ in June 2020 ?

https://www.ti.com/lit/sg/scyt129g/scyt129g.pdf?ts=1593320254385&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

Thanks Larry!

I thought of the possibility of a single gate chip... but couldn't much the HF marking with anything.... yet!

From here, could be a ROHM voltage detector or Ricoh linear voltage regulator.

dlloyd:
From here, could be a ROHM voltage detector or Ricoh linear voltage regulator.

Thanks but this is a 5 pin component...

Thanks but this is a 5 pin component...

Yeah, I know (SOT23-5 or similar). The ROHM voltage detector and Ricoh linear voltage regulator are on the list of HF code parts and are the only 2 available in 5-pin packages. EDIT: Looking more closely at the PDFs, I see the HF code doesn't match up with the 5-pin packages ... well that was fun!

hmm the voltage detector as a MPU reset application could be a candidate...

“ This is a brand new component. I have a piece of reel tape with 10 of these which means i must have bought them at some point but can't remember when and for what reason! ”

Look back at your previous purchase history i.e. if you buy on eBay etc.

Note to self: ‘I will always label what my purchases are the day I receive them’ ! ! !