Can anyone review what I bought and suggest what I might need?

Yeah so I just bought a bunch of stuff, I've no idea honestly what more I should have bought (and what I shouldn't have bought), but it will take some time to get to me and I'd rather just buy too much instead of having to way couple of weeks if I'm missing a single item.

The price for the same items where I live is about 10-50 times the price I paid.

Notice: I have no projects in mind, I'm just asking what you would buy to be relatively well prepared for bunch of random projects.

UNO R3 Starter Kit

DC 9V1A 9V 1A Power supply

Ohmmeter

20 x 5x7 4x6 3x7 2x8 cm double Side Copper PCB Board

20P x NE555 NE555P NE555N 555 Timers DIP-8 TEXAS

100 x 1k ohm 1/4W 1k Metal Film Resistor 1kohm 0.25W 1%

300 x 3mm and 5mm LED

Mini SPDT Toggle

100 x Power Tactile Push Button

10 X 2N3904 NPN General Purpose Transistor TO-92

3.3V/5V MB102 Breadboard

All the best and thanks in advance!

Maybe 330 ohm resistor to go with the leds you bought, and one character lcd with som 10 kohm potentiometers, 10 kom resistors are also useful.

I just bought Resistor Pack per your suggestion!

I have no idea what "one character lcd with som 10 kohm potentiometers" is, could you explain it?

The 330 ohm and 10k ohm resistors are in the resistor pack I bought. :slight_smile:

Judging from your list so far.

I would add:

Arduino sensor kit

electrolytic capacitor pack

ceramic capacitor pack

potentiometers

AA battery trays

LCD or other type display

more types of transistors

wireless:
433mhz and/or wifi/bluetooth etc.

Without a direction the list could be endless.

I really like gps modules, real time clocks, oleds and other alphanumeric display devices. And I see you have but a single arduino. I thought I'd only need one at first too. Now I have (and need!) 2 unos, a mega, 2 micros, 2 pro trinkets, a regular trinket, 2 beetles, 8 tiny 85s, 6 tiny 84s, and a 328p. Think about a hardware programmer too.

an LED is just a simple device that consumes about 20mA of current.
you connect it to a 9 battery and it will flash really bright for about a millisecond.
I am sure there is some fitting Haiku

bright LED
wired and powered
dies quickly

but, using a resistor, say, 330 ohms, in series with the led, will yield a bright glow for long time.

a 10k ohm resisor is used as a very tiny drain to make sure your signal does not have a floating charge.

thinks like a thermistor will need a matching resistor to yield a temperature reading.

resistors and capacitors are the glue that holds things together.

a 10k resistor can be used to prevent your Arduino pins from getting fried.
good choice in that bundle.

ChrisTenone:
I really like gps modules, real time clocks, oleds and other alphanumeric display devices. And I see you have but a single arduino. I thought I'd only need one at first too. Now I have (and need!) 2 unos, a mega, 2 micros, 2 pro trinkets, a regular trinket, 2 beetles, 8 tiny 85s, 6 tiny 84s, and a 328p. Think about a hardware programmer too.

my bench is home to a couple UNO's some MINI's, lots of NANO's as well as the various ATTINY's and the new kid on the block the ESP8266 that needs a big brother with multiple ADC's

hewholaughs:
Notice: I have no projects in mind

Well, no doubt you are loaded with money and are good at spreading it around but, since you are quite bereft of ideas, you might try to acquire a couple before you buy more stuff you don't need. Right now you may find that the only thing on your list that you can be sure was a really good idea, is the 9v power supply.

hewholaughs:
I'm just asking what you would buy to be relatively well prepared for bunch of random projects.

For being "well prepared for bunch of random projects" you surely must purchase A BUNCH OF RANDOM PARTS!
:smiling_imp:

go on youtube and search for

1-day arduino

you will find lots of projects. something might catch your fancy.

if you are of mechanical inclination, you can build some marble runs.

Nick_Pyner:
Well, no doubt you are loaded with money and are good at spreading it around but, since you are quite bereft of ideas, you might try to acquire a couple before you buy more stuff you don't need. Right now you may find that the only thing on your list that you can be sure was a really good idea, is the 9v power supply.

I'm a poor student, a night out for drinks is more expensive than everything I just bought, plus I might learn something. :wink:

jurs:
For being "well prepared for bunch of random projects" you surely must purchase A BUNCH OF RANDOM PARTS!
:smiling_imp:

Haha, well to be completely honest, the reason why I've bought now some 5-6 boards and tons of random parts is because I'm the only one without children and I'll be hosting a night with the boys in few weeks.

We wanted to something to advance our studies and I have no idea what projects they might want to work on (or what projects I might want to work on).

dave-in-nj:
go on youtube and search for

1-day arduino

you will find lots of projects. something might catch your fancy.

if you are of mechanical inclination, you can build some marble runs.

Awesome! I'll check it out.

Thanks to everyone for your replies and contribution to the discussion! If you have anything to add, feel free let me know!