Can Arduino UNO receives OSC messages without ethernet shield?

Hi every one.

I'm using OSCulator to transfer OSC messages from my phone to Arduino through my PC to control an LED. My question is that is it possible to receive OSC messages on my Arduino without using an external ethernet shield or not (so the Arduino will read the messages from the PC ).
I saw some videos on youtube for some developers, they were doing the same thing and without using an ethernet shield.
I tried with OSCMessage class but it wasn't clear for me how to receive messages from the network.

So, any suggestions please?

best regards.

I tried with OSCMessage class but it wasn't clear for me how to receive messages from the network.

What network? Without an Ethernet shield or a WiFi shield, the Arduino is NOT a network device.

PaulS:
What network? Without an Ethernet shield or a WiFi shield, the Arduino is NOT a network device.

My Arduino is connected to my PC which is connected to the network. I saw some videos for Arduino reading the OSC messages without Ethernet or WiFi shied.

I saw some videos for Arduino reading the OSC messages without Ethernet or WiFi shied.

Perhaps it was reading them from a Ouiji board.

Feel free to describe WHERE you think the messages that the Arduino sees will really come from, and how they will get to the Arduino.

i assume he is talking about tru te usb serial link

That would be a valid assumption. But, the unanswered question is what application is on the other end of that serial port?

PaulS:
Perhaps it was reading them from a Ouiji board.

Feel free to describe WHERE you think the messages that the Arduino sees will really come from, and how they will get to the Arduino.

the messages could come from any other device on the same network that can send OSC messages, for example
TouchOSC (iPhone software).

Greensprings:
i assume he is talking about tru te usb serial link

Yes, it is connected through the serial link.

PaulS:
That would be a valid assumption. But, the unanswered question is what application is on the other end of that serial port?

This is what I'm asking for.

Here are the videos that I'm talking about:

Actually I'm trying to do the same thing, but I stuck in this point "reading the messages into the Arduino".

Have a look at:-
http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Mac_Apps/Processing.html

I use Processing to read OSC messages and then you can turn them into messages that that you can squirt down the serial port to the Arduino. You can also rout this in reverse.