Can I acess my serial port on my PC?

I have some Matrix Orbital serial LCD displays and i would like to hook one up to the back of my pc via a regular DB-9 serial port and use arduino to control it as if it were plugged directly into the arduino. So basically instead of using the serial monitor in the IDE hopefully I can just use the serial port on my pc COM port 2 etc. or whatever it is to read it on my LCD.

some of them are TTL capable and some are not so i would like to be able to use the 40x4 display via my PC. This saves me from soldering jumpers just to hook the other ones directly to the arduino, I am not sure what one i am going to stick with for sure on it and it would be nice to just be able to swap them out faster etc.

Hopefully its something easy like instead of opening the serial monitor you just open com 2 etc.

Note: I have all these displays working great with LCDC via my PC serial port so i know they are all setup to operate this way and work. It seems like it should be a relatively simple task.

Hopefully its something easy like instead of opening the serial monitor you just open com 2 etc.

Realistically, it isn’t. The Arduino can only directly access hardware that is attached to it. Hardware attached to your computer might as well be attached to the Mars orbiter. The Arduino can not access it. At best, it could send data to the PC, where an application is listening to a COM port, and telling the LCD what to do.