Can i connect 2 ADXL375 accelero sensors on 1 Arduino DUE or other?

I have 2 ADXL375 sensors (accelero)
Is it possible to use both? I only see pins enough for one, or is it possible with a different type of arduino or accelerosensor?

If the ADXL375 module provides an alternate I2C address, Yes you can use 2 on one.

Of course the Due has 2 I2C ports, which would allow you to put one device on one port and the other on and so forth and so on. Which will make using the 2nd one dependent on the library you use.

Idahowalker:
If the ADXL375 module provides an alternate I2C address, Yes you can use 2 on one.

Of course the Due has 2 I2C ports, which would allow you to put one device on one port and the other on and so forth and so on. Which will make using the 2nd one dependent on the library you use.

Thank for the reply,

How do I figure those things out. I2C address is not something I'm familiar with. Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I'm really a big beginner with al of this and most of it is far above my skill level.

If the sensor module has an address option, changing it is usually just a matter of connecting one of the module pins to Vcc or GND.

Carefully read the sensor module description and sensor data sheet, in all cases.

It sounds like you are getting way ahead of yourself, so take some time for more reading and research. And of course you should work with just one accelerometer until you understand it (and the code) completely, before adding a second one.

kingofwoods:
Thank for the reply,

How do I figure those things out. I2C address is not something I'm familiar with. Sorry if this sounds stupid, but I'm really a big beginner with al of this and most of it is far above my skill level.

A posted photo of the actual device.

Remember the Due has 2 I2C busses.

Googling ADXL375 and downloading the data sheet I didn't find any documentation telling about changing address by hardware straps or so.

Railroader:
Googling ADXL375 and downloading the data sheet I didn’t find any documentation telling about changing address by hardware straps or so.

Didn’t read it then! Datasheet.

Under “I2C MODE” it explains that the “SDO/ALT ADDRESS” pin immediately visible on the pinout diagram can be set either to VDD I/O or Ground to select two alternate I2C addresses when I2C mode is selected by tying ~CS to VDD I/O (at startup). :roll_eyes:

@Paul__B
Thanks! My research was obviously of the "fast and faulty" type.

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: