Can I connect a remote control sensor to this?

I need to be able to remotely control my robot with differential steering. I have this: Pololu Dual VNH5019 Motor Driver Shield for Arduino (ash02a)
I was wondering if there was a way to connect a remote control transmitter (the receiver) to this. Thanks!

I was wondering if there was a way to connect a remote control transmitter (the receiver) to this.

Yes, there is.

As you can see my answer is as general as your question was. Specify what you want to do, what requirements you have and in what limits it has to work.

Do you understand by "differential steering" the same as I do (Differential wheeled robot - Wikipedia)?

Alright. Not quite sure what specs you need, so the motor's run around 15 amps peaking around 35.
I do understand differential the same as you do, so I just want a remote (similar to one that controls RC Cars) for forwards, reverse, and side to side.

From the specs you gave you can connect just a standard remote control because that seems to be rather a kind of a RC car (or better tank) than a robot (you didn't mention any controller on it.

From the motor's spec it seems that you need on Pololu board per motor because a single channel is limited to 12A continously and 30A peak.

I ended up not getting that motor controller. What if I used a wheelchair motor controller like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330971532710
Could I connect a remote control receiver to this?

Could I connect a remote control receiver to this?

I have no clue as this item doesn't have any manual, datasheet or the like linked on the page. What exactly does your robot consist of? Is it just theory at the moment? Do you already have something running?

Okay, decided and bought one. We got this: Sabertooth 2X25 V2 regenerative dual motor driver
I'm using two 24V wheelchair motors, with one 12V battery for each of them. It'll have four 10" wheels. My only concern now is the remote control receiver. I bought a remote control car, and I'm wondering if I can use the receiver and transmitter from it.

I bought a remote control car, and I'm wondering if I can use the receiver and transmitter from it.

If it uses standard components, you can. If it's an everything-integrated-into-one-chip Chinese product, you might have more difficulties.

You're doing quite a heavy robot. What the intended purpose of this robot?