Can i connect normal Ultrasonic Ranger to grove port?

Hello guys,

i recently bought a shield bot. And as you know it has 6 Grove Ports on it. Can i connect not grove Ultrasonic Ranger to one of the grove ports on the shield bot without using any other shields? Thank you in advance.

Bciceksoy: And as you know it has 6 Grove Ports on it.

We do? Wrong assumption, as is that every member knows what a Grove connector even is.

Can i connect not grove Ultrasonic Ranger to one of the grove ports on the shield bot without using any other shields?

It looks to me like there's no magic in this Grove system: seems the sockets are 5V, Gnd and Signal so a non-Grove sensor would be ok I reckon. Just check which pin you're using: the sockets on that robot have two pins per each, like d4 and d5 seem to double up as do d3 and d4 so d4 appears on two sockets. Other pins ditto: I have no idea why that may be.

But if you check it out with your meter you'll no doubt find continuity between those 2 d4's at the Groves and the d4 in the central Arduino area.

Essentially though, I'd say you're just connecting a sensor to some Arduino pin or other, so just code it according to that pin with a digitalRead().

E&OE, YMMV, Ts and Cs apply.....

JimboZA: We do? Wrong assumption, as is that every member knows what a Grove connector even is.

After spending quite a bit of time googling, I can now say "I've heard of them" :) Can't find any info on the pinout though. Looks like you have to use SeeeeedStudio stuff with it. Doesn't look like it would take much hacking to get to the bottom of it though.