Can I disable email notifications?

I’m happy with the notification under my icon in the forum homepage but each of these turn into a separate email and there are too many emails.

Look under Preferences/EMAIL

I kind of want all those options in the emails, just don’t want email notifications of the watched categories. Sorry for the confusion. If that’s not possible, I have to un-watch them and just get into the habit of visiting those sub-forums often to see new posts.

Move the categories from the “watched” field to the “tracked” field.

That seems to have disabled any new posts from those subforums from ever showing up on my the list if I click my icon on the top right corner of the window. It is NOT the solution.

Emails are sent where you are not active on the site.

If you enter the category in the watched list you will be notified for each post and topic created in the watched categories, if you are not active on the site you will be sent emails

If you enter the category in the tracked list you will be notified when there are new posts in the topics you have participated in, if you are not active on the site you will be sent emails

A user is considered inactive if he does not browse the site for at least 10 minutes (time modifiable via site setting).

Your best bet might be to enter the categories you want to follow in Watching First Post. If you are not active on the site you will receive an email only for each new topic created, then you can decide how to set each topic according to your interest