Can I operate Adafruit fingerprint sensor continuously?

Hello.
Can I operate the adafruit fingerprint sensor continuously with the Arduino Uno? Also, I am planning to place the sensor with the Arduino in an area that is exposed to the sunlight but with them being covered with heat insulator so would that work please?

HassanAli23:
Hello.
Can I operate the adafruit fingerprint sensor continuously with the Arduino Uno? Also, I am planning to place the sensor with the Arduino in an area that is exposed to the sunlight but with them being covered with heat insulator so would that work please?

Continuous operation depends entirely on how long you think continuous is.

Also, a heat insulator merely delays the heat transfer, it doesn't prevent heat. What temperatures are worried about? Your Arduino has gone through an oven hot enough to melt lead-free solder, but only for a short time.

Are you concerned about sunlight heating the power source for your project?

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Continuous operation depends entirely on how long you think continuous is.

Also, a heat insulator merely delays the heat transfer, it doesn't prevent heat. What temperatures are worried about? Your Arduino has gone through an oven hot enough to melt lead-free solder, but only for a short time.

Are you concerned about sunlight heating the power source for your project?

Paul

Thanks for responding Paul.
At least a one year of continuous operation in the outdoor use for both the Arduino and the fingerprint sensor. I am worried about the high temperature in my region; it reaches the 50's C during summer. I don't care about the power supply, but I'm afraid to lose my sensor and Arduino

Check the data sheet of the sensor.

Most likely 50°C is no problem, electronics are usually rated to handle up to 85°C. Just make sure it's protected from direct sunlight, rain, dirt, etc.

You could also ask Adafruit, their sensor.