Can I post an ESP8266 using Arduino IDE question here?

Please delete if I cannot post this.

I cannot tie into the ESP-01 through Arduino IDE Serial Monitor nor even Putty.

I’ve tried every baud available in Arduino with NL and CR, as well as quite a few in Putty. Using 78800 Baud rate, and depending on which sketch I have loaded, I can sometimes get:

ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:2, boot mode:(3,6)

load 0x4010f000, len 1384, room 16
tail 8
chksum 0x2d
csum 0x2d
v09f0c112
~ld

and then I get some gibberish, but the AT command does nothing.

I’ve tried 5 different modules, including a Adafruit Huzzah. I’ve tried 3 different power supplies.

Communication is fine uploading sketches and running all sorts of different programs, but if u wanna check my Wiring:

1000uF Cap to VCC and GND, polarity is correctly connected
VCC to 3.3V power rail on my breadboard
GND to Ground rail
CHPD to VCC
GPIO-0 Floating
GPIO-2 Floating
RX to FTDI TX
TX to FTDI RX

FTDI is set to 3.3V, but I’m only using common ground to my breadboard.

I think that just about covers everything I can google search…except 1 thing. What it is I do not know… Is there a specific sketch I need to load prior to doing this that is obvious but I am overlooking?

3.3V from the FTDI adapter?

115200 NL+CR works on my ESP-01.

If you are using AT commands, you are not running 'sketches'. You are merely using the IDE's serial monitor.

ieee488: 3.3V from the FTDI adapter?

115200 NL+CR works on my ESP-01.

yeah, I'm guessing the TX pin sends 3.3V signals this way....safer for the ESP8266. It has a 3.3V or 5V jumper pin setup

115200 NL+CR gives me only gibberish

INTP: If you are using AT commands, you are not running 'sketches'. You are merely using the IDE's serial monitor.

Yeah, that is my understanding as well. So it shouldn't really matter which sketch I have already loaded, right?

Although some do give different results, but typing the text "AT" does nothing.

The ESP-01 needs a robust 3.3V power supply.

You've never loaded a sketch. Doing so meant you've already burnt a bootloader, so which is it? Do you have the native firmware it shipped with or not?

INTP: You've never loaded a sketch. Doing so meant you've already burnt a bootloader, so which is it? Do you have the native firmware it shipped with or not?

I have a sketch of some sort loaded on all of the modules.

If you in fact do have sketches correctly uploaded, show them. And explain why you're putting in AT commands.

I got it now...I was unaware that writing a sketch overwrites the firmware. I did not know that a sketch/program was the same as firmware. I thought the sketch was running along with the Firmware.

Thank you for helping me clarify