Can I use 4D Systems µOLED-32028-P1T ?

4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=115 µOLED-32028-P1T(GFX)

I picked up the Mega2560 and have been playing with it for a week or so and wanted to know if I could use this screen with it? I've looked at the data sheets and it seems possible but I'm a little confused on how to interface. I have no clue how to send the commands from the arduino to the gfx processor on the display.

Any help or nudge in the right direction is greatly appreciated. If there are book to help me with gfx programming that would be helpful as well. I really want to do this no matter how much work it is.

Thank you for your time :)

I found the Serial (UART) Communications Functions:

setbaud(rate) com_SetBaud(comport, baudrate/10) serin() or serin1() serout(char) or serout1(char) com_Init(buffer, buffsize, qualifier) or com_Init(buffer, buffsize, qualifier) com_Reset() or com1_Reset() com_Count() or com1_Count() com_Full() or com1_Full() com_Error() or com1_Error() com_Sync() or com1_Sync() com_TXbuffer(buf, bufsize) or com1_TXbuffer(buf, bufsize) com_TXcount() or com1_TXcount() com_TXemptyEvent(function) or com1_TXemptyEvent(function)

Yay! So it looks like all I gotta do now is buy the sucker and see how it goes! I was worried I was going to have to do come crazy stuff.

I think with that model you have to write the code in their 4DGL language. If you want to just talk serial then I think you should get the µOLED-32028-P1T(SGC)

NOTE that they are both exactly the same, but the GFX model has a 4DGL “interpreter” loaded, 4DGL looks pretty easy to learn but my take would be to start with a SGC using simple serial as you’ve mentioned, then if you want later you can reflash to make it a GFX.

Rob

The 4DL language looked easier to use then trying to write my own library for serial communication. Seems easier to build some sub routines pre compiled in 4DL and then just do some basic serial transmission.

I'd love to eventual display video which no matter which version will probably require me to write a library of sorts.

Yeah the 4DGL looks pretty good, in fact you probably don’t need your Mega as you can write stand alone apps with those boards.

I’ve bawked at 4DGL for the time being because I don’t want to learn yet another tool chain, but I can see some 4DGL in my future.

Rob

sorry for the bump.

The easiest way to interface one of those displays is to flash them to the serial firmware and use serial commands.

There are a few versions of an arduino lib floating around to get you started on a lib for that model. For example http://code.google.com/p/arduino-oled/

Jeroen