can I use a Freeduino V1.22 with an MPU9250/6500 position sensor to turn on LEDs

I am new to Arduino and looking to use an Arduino to process a position sensor input for tilt (roll on one axis) and then actuate some 12v (10W) LED's proportional to roll (turn on one led for roll >5 deg and two LEDs for roll > 10 deg).

My friend gave me an assembled Freeduino V1.22 and I would like to use it with a HiLetgo MPU9250/6500 9-Axis 9 DOF 16 Bit Gyroscope Acceleration Magnetic Sensor 9-Axis Attitude +Gyro+Accelerator+Magnetometer Sensor Module IIC/SPI for Arduino GY-9250 from Amazon. Of course I would need the sketch (program) and then a driver circuit. I'll try not to ask too many questions here before reading and working but is this a good start for hardware?

1. Is my Freeduino V.1.22 a good baseline to work with (or good enough to prototype with) and will it work with this MPU9250/6500 nine DOF sensor I've selected?
  2. should I buy some application specific jumpers (name/type?) or do all these things snap together with soldered in pins.
  3. is there a common module that will "snap on" or cable up to my Freeduino with the 9250 Sensor and drive my LED (1 amp at 12V per LED and a total of 4 LEDs and maximum two on at a time.).
  4. Is there a readily available environmentally sealed enclosure which I should design to?
  1. Is my Freeduino V.1.22 a good baseline to work with (or good enough to prototype with) and will it work with this MPU9250/6500 nine DOF sensor I've selected?

The 9250 should work fine with that board the same as an Uno.

1. should I buy some application specific jumpers (name/type?) or do all these things snap together with soldered in pins.

No, they do not snap together. I would use a solderless breadboard and DuPont jumpers for the first prototype. There are prototyping shields available. There are shields with strip board type prototyping area that is to be soldered. A small solderless breadboard can be mounted on them, too.

1. is there a common module that will "snap on" or cable up to my Freeduino with the 9250 Sensor and drive my LED (1 amp at 12V per LED and a total of 4 LEDs and maximum two on at a time.).

No. Not that I know of.

1. Is there a readily available environmentally sealed enclosure which I should design to?

NEMA enclosure types.

You will need drivers and a separate power supply for the LEDs. The Arduino directly control nor drive 12V 1A LEDs.

thanks Very Much Ground Fungus. I found the solderless breadboards and jumpers as well as bare circuit boards. but it looks like the 9250 can be connected to the freduino with jumpers (if it cannot be "stacked" and I also found relay modules which have relays with drivers that can be driven by the freeduino.
thanks again!