Can I use a nrf24l01 module for wifi

Can I use a nrf24l01 module to communicate over my wifi network, e.g. can it be assigned an IP address, can it forward data received by the Arduino Uno on to my pc?

Thanks,
A.

No, sorry, you can not. They both use the 2.4GHz, but they use a completely different protocol. For wifi you need a wifi shield, which is much more complex than the NRF24L01.

Some wireless mice (for example some Logitech mice) use also the 2.4GHz, but that is also a completely different protocol.

Akubra: Can I use a nrf24l01 module to communicate over my wifi network, e.g. can it be assigned an IP address, can it forward data received by the Arduino Uno on to my pc?

Thanks, A.

Whilst Peter_n is completely correct, there are ways to create a serial gateway attached to your PC which will allow you to create a wireless connection with the nrf24l01, even multiple nodes, repeating nodes, etc.

There are several open source examples... I learned using the MySensors.org approach because I already had the Vera home automation system. There are others out there.

There are many nice features to the nrf24l01, one of which is its very low cost.