can i use a wifi repeater and ethernet shield?

hi nub here i got an ethernet shield but my router is to far away so i thought to connect it to the lan connection on my wifi repeater. well its not working. so my question is it even possible? thanks for any reply!

dannyc831: i got an ethernet shield but my router is to far away so i thought to connect it to the lan connection on my wifi repeater. well its not working. so my question is it even possible?

No, not possible when in "repeater mode".

Some of those repeater thingies are configurable for different modes of operation.

So the thingy can be used either in "repeater mode", so it acts as a range extender for your WLAN.

Or the thingy can be used in "client mode", when you have one client (i.e. Ethernet shield) connected with a LAN cable, and this single device connects wireless to your WLAN router.

You can have either "repeater mode" OR "client mode" active with some of such thingies, but NOT BOTH AT THE SAME TIME.

Please refer to the user manual of your repeater thingy and have a look into the HTML configuration interface, which modes are supported.

dannyc831: is it even possible?

Yes.

Read the instructions. I think a repeater is a better way to go than a WiFi shield, even if you don't already have an Ethernet shield, and it is worth persevering with it.