Can I use an arduino to charge my phone?

I have to do a project in college which involves using an arduino, just wondering if anyone could help me and tell me if i'd be able to use an arduino to charge my phone up, and if so how would I go about doing it,

Thanks,

if i'd be able to use an arduino to charge my phone up

No, your phone has a charging circuit built in. You just supply it with a fixed voltage. The arduino would have nothing to do.

Thanks

I have to do a project in college which involves using an arduino,

Is this an electronics class, or a programming class, or what?

Have you been studying microcontrollers or the Adruino? Usually, a project is to show what you've learned, and maybe to learn something additional related to the subject you are studying.

I'm new to all this stuff, but would somebody be able to tell me if i'd be able to use an arduino to somehow switch off my phone charger in some way when my phone has fully charged at night, I keep having trouble with my phone batteries over-charging due to the phone being on charge all night every night.

Thanks,

This is supposed to be an electrical engineering course, but the problem is that we are never in class and we have not learnt anything about arduino's and we are all struggling to do this project. We have to think of a problem and use an arduino in our solution. (my problem is that my phone keeps over-charging at night)

Does the phone get hot when it is overcharged? Use the Arduino to sense the increase in temperature and turn the power to the charger off.

Reece123: (my problem is that my phone keeps over-charging at night)

How do you know? If this is true is sounds like it is broken.

Essentially identical topics merged.

Most modern phones have Lithium Ion batteries, and the phones charger is built into the phone. Theres really nothing for an Arduino to do. If your phones charger is overcharging the batteries , (how do you know this), then its time for a new phone. There isnt any way of connecting some external device to the phone to charge the batteries.