Can I use PL2303SA to upload code to Atmega328p-AU..?

I am making a project with the ATmega328P-AU and would like to use the USB to serial converter IC PL2303SA.
Please, someone, tell me if this can be used to burn the code to the ATmega328P-AU with Arduino Uno bootloader…?

What I see that the chip PL2303SA does not have a CTS and Reset out, and only have the RX and TX out.

I have attached the circuit diagram and the datasheet of the chip below.

PL2303SA.pdf (679 KB)

You need an ISP programmer to burn the bootloader, there are programs that turn an Arduino Uno into an ISP programmer.

And without the CTS\DTR output, you will have a hard time using the PL2303SA to upload programs with a serial bootloader.

Please, someone, tell me if this can be used to burn the code to the ATmega328P-AU with Arduino Uno bootloader…?

No, well not using the automatic reset you can do it if you manually reset the system just at the point about three seconds after the IDE says “uploading “, but you have to get it right and it is hard to get it right.

Grumpy_Mike:
No, well not using the automatic reset you can do it if you manually reset the system just at the point about three seconds after the IDE says “uploading “, but you have to get it right and it is hard to get it right.

Yup.. I had the same idea too that I will have to reset manually, but was not aware of the 3 second time.

Can you suggest me a miniature IC which can be used to as the USB to serial to upload sketches? I am targeting to make the project as small as possible.

How is the ESP8266 communicating through the PL2303SA..??
Is the reset not required on the ESP8266..?

nemo4all:
Can you suggest me a miniature IC which can be used to as the USB to serial to upload sketches? I am targeting to make the project as small as possible.

That is the problem, to get the pins out that you need often comes with the requirements of other pins as well so they have a lot of pins.
The CH340G used in a lot of clones only has 16 pins so while not being very small is a good size to handle and is very cheap.

nemo4all:
How is the ESP8266 communicating through the PL2303SA?

I don't know maybe it is a function that is built into the boot loader it uses

nemo4all:
How is the ESP8266 communicating through the PL2303SA..??
Is the reset not required on the ESP8266..?

Details of ESP8266 bootloader operation are here;

Not sure what it has to do with an Atmega328pu bootloader though.