Can i use this relay with arduino? if so can you help me read the diagram? thank

This is a relay i have but never used, i'd like to use it with a current arduino project, if i can. the datasheet is attached to the link

thanks

Do you have a 12 volt power supply to operate the relay?

Paul

I do not. i was hoping it would work off of the 5v arduino line. I can't seem to get it to actiavte so i'm guessing its not going to work. ill just have to buy another one that will work for arduino.

The R25-11D10-5/6 of that one will actuate from 5V but you will need a driver circuit for it since the coil requires more current than a digital output pin is capable of driving.

Why did you come up with that as your particular option? There are plenty of prebuilt relay boards designed to interface directly with Arduino.

saximus:
The R25-11D10-5/6 of that one will actuate from 5V but you will need a driver circuit for it since the coil requires more current than a digital output pin is capable of driving.

Why did you come up with that as your particular option? There are plenty of prebuilt relay boards designed to interface directly with Arduino.

thanks. I don't know how to build a circuit like that, seems a little beyond me. I'm very new to electronics.

I just happened to have this one laying around. I am also using one that came in my kit. it works as expected. I just need 2 for this project. I'm powering an linear actuator. I need to reverse the polarity for each direction. I figure i can do that somehow with 2 relays if i don't run into grounding issues.

thanks for the help.