can i used this sensor in my steering wheel project?

i removed this guy's in old printer.

its rotary encoder or something like that?

its so easy question. can i used my project? or not.

aaand what pin is a1 gnd a2?

or this guy used another pinout?

its rotary encoder or something like that?

Yes, the sensor is called a slotted optical interrupter. Another tutorial.

can i used my project?

I have no idea what your project is so, maybe?

what pin is a1 gnd a2?

I see no a1 or a2 in the photos. I don't know what you mean.

groundFungus:
Yes, the sensor is called a slotted optical interrupter. Another tutorial.

I have no idea what your project is so, maybe?
I see no a1 or a2 in the photos. I don't know what you mean.

my project a "steering wheel with leonardo" simple right :smiley: :d

whatever. normally, rotary encoder have a 3 pin(4,5,6 its can be too much). A1 GND A2 pin's.

im not see like this rotary encoder and i dont know what is pinout schema.

The rotary encoder with a1 and a2 is a quadrature encoder which means that you can get steps (pulses) and direction of rotation from it with the right software. The opto interrupter will only give steps (pulses) and not direction.

Are there part numbers on the interrupter that you can Google for a data sheet? Do you have a multimeter to measure Ohms?

groundFungus:
The rotary encoder with a1 and a2 is a quadrature encoder which means that you can get steps (pulses) and direction of rotation from it with the right software. The opto interrupter will only give steps (pulses) and not direction.

Are there part numbers on the interrupter that you can Google for a data sheet? Do you have a multimeter to measure Ohms?

yup i have multimeter Im not worked yet this component before. what should i write google? " opto interrupter pinout?"

Without part number you won't be able to find a pinout.

You can, however, figure out the pin connections by just looking at it carefully, and a little help from your multimeter. Look at the PCB traces for motor connections. Measure which connections are for an LED (you'll have low resistance one way, turn the leads and very high resistance between the same two pins) - that's part of the optointerrupter. Then you probably have two pins remaining, that'll be the output of that encoder.

So that'd be the six pins I see in that image. 2x motor, 2x LED, 2x output. When you know that, it's a matter of connecting it to your Arduino and motor driver and you're good to go (you probably need to add a current limiting resistor for the LED, and a pull-up resistor for the output).

First i want to say sorry everyone. Maybe you know this, you could try again again again again again again... And you are getting start angry... I feel this. Sorry for everyone again.

İ try to taking on real good shots, but my phone cant do. Ahh sony.... But in real pcb traces a little bit diffrent. And so minimal. I try something tomarrow with good multimeter.

Just by following the traces in the image posted I can see the two pins that are connected to the motor (that group of 2x3 pins is no doubt the connector; the bottom two of them are connected to the motor). You should find a lowish resistance between these two pins that is equal in both directions (5-20 Ohm or so, something like that).

Then 3+4 are likely to be either the photodiode or the photoreceptor, and 5+6 the other one.

The first you will find with a multimeter: resistance in one direction, no connection in the other. The second pair will have no connection in either direction as the LED is off, so it's dark.

Next step: see if there's a current limiting resistor. There are a few components that look like them on the PCB. There's probably a number on them - use a magnifying glass - that shows the value.

When you're sure there's a resistor and know the value, you can calculate the voltage needed (assume 1.2V forward voltage on the LED, about 10 mA current) and connect it.

Now with the LED lit, you connect your multimeter to the two remaining pins and slowly turn the wheel. You should see the resistance go between infinite and a low value (if not: switch direction, this is also polarity dependent).

Now when you see the pulses, you have the pinout complete. To use this optointerruptor you most likely have to add a pull-up resistor (the internal one will do), then wire it like a normal button.

Final step is to find a proper voltage to drive the motor - 5-6V is common, start low so you don't break it. Normally when you change polarity you change the direction the motor runs in.

hello everyone again!! i got the find pinout. now we have 6 pin. the 2 pin direct connected motor.

2 pin used common gnd. one led(gnd common) and one pin +. and 3 pin sensor. there is a issue now, what is this sensor? this sensor used common gnd with led. what is left 2 pin?

and how can i used this sensor in arduino.

my goal is build it like g29 g27 etc.i dont used motor normally, i want to read values and transformed in game.
i did it with rotary encoder (1$ chianese encoders) and multi turn pot. but this guys isnt work stable and broked.

you can say me "buy more good rotary encoder" i know, but i try to make it 0$ or 10 $.