Can Michael Smith's PCM Audio be ported to AT Tiny 45/85?

I've poured over the data sheet for the AT Tiny 45/85 and it supports the timer/counter control registers and ocr, but the Arduino environment doesn't seem to support them using Arduino as the programmer. This could have all sorts of fun (if very short) applications.

but the Arduino environment doesn't seem to support them using Arduino as the programmer

Huh?

maxhirez: I've poured over the data sheet for the AT Tiny 45/85 and it supports the timer/counter control registers and ocr,

but the Arduino environment doesn't seem to support them using Arduino as the programmer. This could have all sorts of fun (if very short) applications.

The Arduino environment does indeed support the Arduino as a program and there are Arduino cores available for the attinys. But, I just use WinAVR and avrdude instead.

Okay, using the source from http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Code/PCMAudio and changing the pin assignments to int ledPin = 2; int speakerPin = 1; ...and running any of the cores from arduino-tiny-0100-0010 here's just the first half of the errors I get when I try to compile for any of the AT Tiny boards: sketch_jan22a.cpp: In function 'void __vector_3()': sketch_jan22a:66: error: 'sounddata_length' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:72: error: 'OCR2A' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:76: error: 'OCR2A' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:76: error: 'sounddata_data' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a.cpp: In function 'void startPlayback()': sketch_jan22a:90: error: 'ASSR' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:90: error: 'EXCLK' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:90: error: 'AS2' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:93: error: 'TCCR2A' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:93: error: 'WGM21' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:93: error: 'WGM20' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:94: error: 'TCCR2B' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:94: error: 'WGM22' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:98: error: 'COM2A1' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:98: error: 'COM2A0' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:99: error: 'COM2B1' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:99: error: 'COM2B0' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:105: error: 'OCR2A' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:105: error: 'sounddata_data' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:114: error: 'TCCR1B' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:114: error: 'WGM13' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:114: error: 'WGM12' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:115: error: 'TCCR1A' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:115: error: 'WGM11' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:115: error: 'WGM10' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:126: error: 'TIMSK1' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:128: error: 'sounddata_data' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:128: error: 'sounddata_length' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a.cpp: In function 'void stopPlayback()': sketch_jan22a:136: error: 'TIMSK1' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:139: error: 'TCCR1B' was not declared in this scope sketch_jan22a:142: error: 'TCCR2B' was not declared in this scope

Again, this is Arduino 23 on a Mac G5 dual 2Ghz OS 10.5.8 w/ Arduino Uno as ISP. Did I miss a step somewhere along the line?

All the timer register names will need to be changed etc.