Can mySwitch.getReceivedValue() use one button on remote for on/off?

Using this tutorial - How to decode any RF signal remote in Arduino - YouTube, I was able to determine the values for each button of my four button remote control. Taking only Button A into account for this example, I wrote this sketch to turn on two blinking leds using the LedFlasher.h library.

#include <RCSwitch.h>
#include <LedFlasher.h>
RCSwitch mySwitch = RCSwitch();
LedFlasher strobe (7, 1450, 70);
LedFlasher nav    (8, 1500, 1600);

void setup() {
 strobe.begin (); // Initialize strobe lights
 nav.begin (); // Initialize navigation lights
 Serial.begin(9600);
 mySwitch.enableReceive(0);  //pin #2
}

void loop() {
 unsigned long int num = mySwitch.getReceivedValue();
 if (num == 14391169) {
     strobe.update ();
     nav.update ();
   }
   else {
     digitalWrite(8, LOW);
     digitalWrite(7, LOW);
 }
}

This sketch needs improvement. It only takes input from the receiver connected to pin 2 and compares it to the data associated with Button A on the remote. If the data matches, the leds blink. If any other remote button is pressed, the leds stop.

Is there a way to code the input from Button A on the remote to act as an on/off toggle switch? In Essence check if the remote button was pressed a second time, if so, run the data check for Button A again, and if it matches, turn the leds off? I looked at state change, but since we are dealing with data and not simple High/Low values, state change doesn’t seem to be the answer. Next I looked at compare conditions such as comparing current value of data with previous value, but I may have reached brain saturation overload.

What about incorporating a while statement somehow? While Button A is not pressed a second time, the leds keep flashing, but the leds still need to turn off if Button A is pressed again.

I usually figure things out by myself, but have hit a wall with this one and am hereby kindly asking for your assistance. Thanks in advance.

Eric