Can not find libraries

I'm having trouble loading the makeblock libraries. I install them the way the instructions described but when I check the code for errors, I get a message saying something like makeblock.h is not found or something like that. I can't remember right off hand. Is there anyone out there that could give me some advice to a novice?

Thanks

How exactly did you go about installing the library?

The "makeblock.h" file needs to be in the top-level folder of the library. Is it possibly in a deeper-level folder?
(Sometimes libaries are in a folder that's in a folder, if you get my meaning.)

I'm having the same problem. The path to MakeBlock.h is:

C:\Documents and Settings\Proprietario\Documenti\Arduino\Libraries\MakeBlock\MakeBlock.h

on Windows XP.

giovanniguerra:
The path to MakeBlock.h is:
C:\Documents and Settings\Proprietario\Documenti\Arduino\Libraries\MakeBlock\MakeBlock.h

Where did you download the library from? I just installed following the instructions at: http://learn.makeblock.com/learning-arduino-programming/ and it's completely different from that.

Yes, they seemed to have changed instructions and libraries in the last few days. They have a confusing way of organizing things and a no comment policy on technical questions.

But the zip file from that page does not include “MakeBlock.h” or even “Orion.h”.

The place they suggest to install them has changed, with Src and Example parallel sub directories. I’ll try that…

Note that the instructions on that page do not follow best practices for library installation. They say to install the library to the Arduino IDE installation folder but you should always install libraries to the libraries folder in your sketchbook folder(set in File > Properties > Sketchbook location:) instead. It will work either way but when you update to a new version of the Arduino IDE any library you put in the IDE installation folder will be lost. It's disturbing to me that a company making Arduino compatible hardware doesn't know this.

pert:
Note that the instructions on that page do not follow best practices for library installation. They say to install the library to the Arduino IDE installation folder but you should always install libraries to the libraries folder in your sketchbook folder(set in File > Properties > Sketchbook location:) instead.

Yes, I’ve tried that (thanks for the tip for finding the Sketchbook location) but still no joy. And the confusing thing is I only have two sub directories (MakeBlock and Colorduino) there…

C:\Documents and Settings\Proprietario\Documenti\Arduino\Libraries\MakeBlock
C:\Documents and Settings\Proprietario\Documenti\Arduino\Libraries\Colorduino

…but when I look at the libraries listed from the IDE there are many many more.

giovanniguerra:
still no joy.

Please post the exact error message from the Arduino IDE console window(there should be a Copy error messages button on the right side of the orange bar). Use code tags(</> button). Are you using one of the example sketches that come with the library, if so which one? If you’re using your own sketch then please post it here using code tags.

pert:
If you’re using your own sketch then please post it here using code tags.

I’m not in front of the machine now but the message is “makeblock.h not found” or “does not exist” or something like that.

I’ve “solved” the problem by using <MeBlock.h> which is apparently more appropriate to my sketch.

The original code was this:

#include <Makeblock.h>
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
#include <Wire.h>

int ledPin =  13;    // LED connected to digital pin 13

void setup() 
{
   pinMode(ledPin, OUTPUT);   
}

void loop()
{
 digitalWrite(ledPin, HIGH);   // set the LED on
 buzzerOn();
 delay(1000);

digitalWrite(ledPin, LOW);   // set the LED off
 buzzerOff();
 delay(1000);
}

You already knew that there was no file named makeblock.h in the current version of that library. There's no MeBlock.h either so I'm not sure how that worked for you. Since they don't seem to provide any documentation for the library beyond the installation instructions I recommend you to look at the various examples in File > Examples > MakeBlockDrive. I've tried a couple and they compiled for me.

pert:
You already knew that there was no file named makeblock.h in the current version of that library. There’s no MeBlock.h either so I’m not sure how that worked for you. Since they don’t seem to provide any documentation for the library beyond the installation instructions I recommend you to look at the various examples in File > Examples > MakeBlockDrive. I’ve tried a couple and they compiled for me.

That is the problem. There was a makeblock.h, or used to be. MakeBlock have a confused approach to distributing software. I wasted some time following old instructions I found in Instructables which they have not bothered to take down or amend. Actual ports assigments wrong etc etc…

You’re right. I’m not in front of the machine and misremembered. I should have said MeOrion.h.