CAN Shield

Good Morning,
I have one question. I have tried the VSCP code with CAN Shield and Arduino 2009. It's works perfectly.
Now I have tried the same code, the same Shield but with Arduino Uno.
Is the code compatible with Arduino Uno?

Thanks a lot
Have a nice day
Best Regards

No link to the library you used, no link to the hardware you used, no description what went bad on the UNO. Did you really read the sticky note at the top of the forum?

Hi pylon,
Sorry forma incomplete message...
The project is this:http://www.vscp.org/wiki/doku.php/modules/arduino_sample_1

With Arduino 2009 the interface usb2can work.
With Arduino 2010 the sale interface with the same shield don't work.

Thanks

Temuccio

Hi pylon,
can you help me?

With Arduino 2009 the interface usb2can work.
With Arduino 2010 the sale interface with the same shield don't work.

What does this mean? The IDE versioning has NEVER used years. Use the ACTUAL version numbers if you don't want to be ignored.

Sorry PaulS,
in this days I'm engaged and I can't write what I think.
The problem is Arduino Uno; it's don't work the project at this link VSCP Protocol & Friends - Browse Files at SourceForge.net but work with Arduino 2009.

Best Regards

temuccio

it’s don’t work the project at this link

First: the link isn’t current, the current one is https://github.com/grodansparadis/vscp_firmware/tree/master/avr/arduino.

Second: “It’s don’t work” isn’t a usable failure description. Does it compile? If it does, what else doesn’t work as you expect it? A quick look at the source code doesn’t show an apparent reason for a difference when used on an UNO contrary to using it on a Duemillanove. The two hardwares have minimal differences, the most important is the USB2Serial adapter used (FTDI <-> ATmega16U2). The two have different bootloaders but I don’t see why this should make a difference.

Good morning.
The scenario is that: I connect the usb2can (http://www.vscp.org/wiki/doku.php/usb2can) at the Can shield.
When I open the communication with Arduino 2009, the system works.
If I open the communication on Arduino Uno with the same shield, the led on usb2can, Red led of this blinking slow ( can bus off).
When I compile and transfer the code on Arduino Uno I have not error.
It's possible to invert the atmega from arduino 2009 to arduino uno for the final test?
Thanks

Best regards

When I compile and transfer the code on Arduino Uno I have not error.

Did you change the board type to UNO before compiling?

It's possible to invert the atmega from arduino 2009 to arduino uno for the final test?

What do you mean by "invert"?

pylon:
Did you change the board type to UNO before compiling?

Yes I'm sure

What do you mean by "invert"?
[/quote]
is it possible to change the atmega after compile?

Thanks

Did you test the UNO with other sketches? Is it possible that the hardware of the UNO is damaged?

Although the Duemillanove and the UNO have differences, these normally don't show up if you don't use special features (like reprogramming the UNO's ATmega16U2 to emulate other USB devices). It's the same processor (usually the Duemillanove also has a ATmega328p) and the same pins of the processor are connected to the Arduino header pins.

is it possible to change the atmega after compile?

It should be possible although I never tried it.