Can single pin damage kill entire 328?

I carelessly allowed 9.3V briefly onto the D6 input of my 328 UNO chip. It will not now upload any sketch. I was hoping I could simply make the trivial program change and use another pin.

Bin it and move on with redoubled care? Or can anything practical be done please?

Terry

I would move on, but maybe keep the Arduino until you have more time

I have in the past killed a couple of Nanos by connecting power to them in reverse and although I eventually got them working again by replacing a Zener diode on each of them, it was more important to me at the time to have a working Arduino so I bought 2 more

When I had more time to research I fixed them so I now have 4 working Nanos, which is no bad thing

If the 328 on your Arduino is socketed you could probably just replace it. Which Arduino do you have ?

Thanks for the fast reply.

I mounted it on a 28-pin IC-socket. The program's been working fine (pressing a button on a camera).

I think I read somewhere that although it now appears lifeless (caused by that one pin's damage!), it's sometime possible to re-bootload it with a ch-340?

Anyway, I'll set it aside as you suggest and use another 328 chip. Browsing briefly just now to buy a few more, I see they are being discontinued?

My board is a UNO R3 (a clone).

Terrypin:
I think I read somewhere that although it now appears lifeless (caused by that one pin's damage!), it's sometime possible to re-bootload it with a ch-340?

You need a programmer (or another Arduino that is programmed as a programmer) to load a bootloader via the ICSP pins.

Terrypin:
Anyway, I’ll set it aside as you suggest and use another 328 chip. Browsing briefly just now to buy a few more, I see they are being discontinued?

Please post a link to where you saw that information.