Can somebody advise me what micrcontroller to buy?

ji
I have to program a robot so that it can choose shortest path between point A and B with obstacles inbetween. I am totally new to this so please please help me. I will enter the coordinates of the obstacles and the robot will have to choose the shortest path from point A to B. This is also called path finding.

Hoping to gt replies.

Thanks

More info needed first.
Got any sensors for obstacle finding, Serial/RF out for status reporting? How many motors? 2 for drive with differential steering? Independent tricycyle wheel for steering?
A 20 IO pin device would likely be sufficient (such as Nano or Uno) but you need to make more preliminary design decisions first.

The navigation algorithm you're describing is an abstract problem which could be solved on any platform. You just need to ensure that it has enough memory to deal with the map size that you're going to deal with. I suggest you concentrate on the mechanical side and get the drive mechanism and motors sorted out and then work back to specify the power supply, driver hardware and finally the Arduino to control it. Probably, any of the commonly available Arduinos would do the job.

anas313:
I will enter the coordinates of the obstacles and the robot will have to choose the shortest path from point A to B.

Most robots use sensors to detect obstacles, so programming in obstacle coordinates ahead of time seems unusual to me?

anas313, you may want to do YouTube and Google searches for "micromouse competition". That sounds a lot like what you are trying to do.

Also, bear in mind that you will need to design some sort of sensor feedback mechanism to confirm that your robot is following the predefined path (wheel encoders, or compass / accelerometer / gyro module etc.). Without that your robot will eventually get hopelessly confused, as small navigational errors accumulate over time. You can search for "Dead Reckoning" to get more info on the subject.