Can someone can help me with this project ?

Hello
I want to make this Crazy Geocache Puzzle Box! - YouTube project but with little changes:
I want to use pro mini
And let arduino detect when all "trap" cables are connected (so the box won't open)
Also i want to use 1x9V Battery ,not aa/aaa batteries
Can someone write code ,and make step by step guide ?
Thanks

the4anoni:

That kind of request is handled over on the Gigs forum, where you offer to pay others to write code for you.

In this forum, we help people who write their own code, but have questions about why their code is not giving them the results they expect.

Edit: The actual code for your project will be very simple.

1. move a servo to some position to unlock the box
  2. wait 5 minutes
  3. move the servo to another position to lock the box
  4. wait forever

the4anoni:
Thanks

This is a place to get help with the code you write. It's not a place to get your code written for you. If you want someone to just do it for you, head over to the Gigs and Collaborations section and let them know how much you are willing to pay. If you pay enough, someone will write up the code for you.

Just wondering, can't such a project be done cheaper and simpler using something like a 555 timer or two (for the 5-minute interval and the 2-3 second servo drive) and a flip flop (to change the direction of the servo)?

"Also i want to use 1x9V Battery ,not aa/aaa batteries"

So you only want it to run for a few minutes if at all between battery changes? That seems like an odd requirement.

wvmarle:
Just wondering, can't such a project be done cheaper and simpler using something like a 555 timer or two (for the 5-minute interval and the 2-3 second servo drive) and a flip flop (to change the direction of the servo)?

It would only be simpler for someone who knows how to build a circuit with 555 timers and how to use them to drive a servo. 555 timers don't come with convenient libraries.

If you value your time I doubt that it would be cheaper.

...R

My line of thought was doing away with the Arduino and programming altogether. Admittedly I don't know enough about servos, thought it would be pretty easy to give them a signal to turn to the other side, opening/closing a lock.
Maybe not a servo but a simple magnetic switch that unlocks for maybe 10-20 seconds (to allow the box to be opened), and that allows the lid to be pushed shut when done. A single 555 timer would do in that case. Very simple to build with a few extra components.

wvmarle:
My line of thought was doing away with the Arduino and programming altogether.

That was what was in my mind when I wrote Reply #5

…R

Schematics on how to wire a 555 are a very quick Google search away, likely quicker than installing a servo library. I've used the 555 before but long time ago, so almost start from scratch, yet likely faster for me to do it that way than the Arduino way. Wiring has to be done; saves the programming and debugging parts.
It's cheaper to boot, a good thing as geocaches tend to disappear, a risk that only increases when there's an Arduino for grabs.

wvmarle:
Schematics on how to wire a 555 are a very quick Google search away, likely quicker than installing a servo library

No. The Servo library is already installed.

Finding a schematic on Google does not give you a working 555 timer project.

I assume you are already very familiar with 555 timers. I have a book (dated 1992) that I would need to refer to if I was to use one again. It would take me a great deal longer to recall how to use them than writing myServo.write(90); into an Arduino program.

...R