Can someone direct me to a sample using CNC Shield, A4988 Driver and Joystick?

I am new to Arduino programming. My project is building a CNC machine. I currently wish to use 4 Nema 17 steppers to raise and lower my machine to accommodate tall and short projects. I plan to use a joystick to raise and lower the entire machine using lead screws fixed vertically on each corner. My task is to use an Arduino combined with a CNC Shield v3.0, four A4899 stepper motor drivers and a J621 OSEP joystick. I'd like for all four steppers to move at the same time. I have read that there is a way to clone X axis to the 4th axis, Y axis to 4th axis etc but I do not see anything about cloning all four axis to act as one. I am hoping that software is the answer,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards and Happy 4th of July

RedRedWine

Do you have the steppers and power supply yet? Can you get any of the basic AccelStepper.h examples to work on one motor?

If you are completely new to this start with a simple program to make one of the motors move.

Then another small program to read the position of the potentiometer and display it on the Arduino Serial Monitor.

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code
also look up the AccelStepper library

I apologize for not posting any of my code. I am searching for some samples that may contain code that I can use in my program.

The second part of my issue is wiring the boards. I used wiring samples that I have found to set my hardware. I am in the process of editing a YouTube example that moves 'X' axis using a joystick. The hardware is different and the intention of his program is different.

I will continue down that path and report my progress if asked.

Thanks for your input.
Jim

To get help you need to post your code and your wiring diagram, You have all the stuff, and we don't know anything about it. And please note that photos of your hardware are unlikely to be helpful.

...R