Can someone with few knowledge on electrics play arduino?

I am such a newbie here, and quite interested in arduino, but i have few knowledge on electrics. My question is can someone like me play arduino? If yes, how to have a good start? Should i read some books on electrics first?

Yes, but you’ll need to learn a little. What you need to know depends on what you want to do. People who know very little electronics do sometimes build things with the Arduino. If you’ve never programmed before, you’ll also need to learn some programming.

There are “starter kits”, but someone else will have to recommend one. I will recommend that you get a multimeter so you can measure voltage, resistance, and current.

…Don’t let this scare you off, but if you were studying electronics in college you wouldn’t get around to studying microcontrollers until the 3rd or 4th year, so you’d have a good grasp of the basics.

Arduino is the perfect platform to start on, but it may be helpful to read on basic electronics, like this tutorial or this or this.

DVDdoug: Yes, but you'll need to learn a little. What you need to know depends on what you want to do. People who know very little electronics do sometimes build things with the Arduino. If you've never programmed before, you'll also need to learn some programming.

There are "starter kits", but someone else will have to recommend one. I will recommend that you get a multimeter so you can measure voltage, resistance, and current.

...Don't let this scare you off, but if you were studying electronics in college you wouldn't get around to studying microcontrollers until the 3rd or 4th year, so you'd have a good grasp of the basics.

Thank you so much for your patient advsie, i am more confident now with your encourage. I was about to build a robot with communication function, but have a long way to go. Thanks again!

We have many in your position asking for help.

If you ask for help, you will get a good response by:

Giving a meaningful tittle to your post. Do your own research first. Give ALL relavent information upfront. Don't expect a response immediately. Answer any questions in full.

Please put any code in its own window as seen in other posts. This can be done by placing     [code] and [/code]  around the code. This makes it easier for others to read.

Welcome aboard.

Weedpharma