Can`t load sketch on ESP 8266 wifi module

Hello,

Im trying to load the basic BLINK sketch onto a ESP 8266 module(bare bones version). Ive downloaded and installed the board into the arduinio IDE and selected 8266 as the board. I have set the com port to the correct number and verified its working though the serial monitor using AT commands. The module responds as it should. Im powering the device with a separate 3.3 V power supply capable of delivering 1.5A. Before I load the sketch I short GPIO-0 to ground and reset the module using a push button connected to the reset pin and ground. I`m using a USB-serial breakout board set to 3.3V logic level.

After the sketch is finished compiling, I get this message first

Writing at 0x00000000... (8%)

Then it hangs for a bit, then I get this message

Leaving...
Hard resetting via RTS pin...

After this, the module will not respond to AT commands. Tried resetting, power cycling etc. In order to get it working again I need to reload the stock firmware using a different program.

Can anyone help......Please......

Did you read a tutorial on Arduino programming for the 8266? Do you understand why all these steps are in this tutorial? Do you see how you skipped several steps?

Brooks2353:
After this, the module will not respond to AT commands.

This is exactly the results we expect. When you upload the Blink sketch the AT firmware is erased and the Blink program becomes the firmware. You can only have one firmware installed on the ESP8266 at a time.

Perehama:
Did you read a tutorial on Arduino programming for the 8266? Do you understand why all these steps are in this tutorial? Do you see how you skipped several steps?

Thanks for the link Perehama. I thought I was following all the steps, but I`ll go through it again.

pert:
This is exactly the results we expect. When you upload the Blink sketch the AT firmware is erased and the Blink program becomes the firmware. You can only have one firmware installed on the ESP8266 at a time.

Ya, thats what I thought. The only reason I mentioned it was because the sketch doesnt get loaded. It gets stuck at 8% then gives up. Something gets loaded, but its not complete.