can this RC plane actually fly ?

so to make the story short i constructed an RC plane ... the weight is 7kg it's also kinda big , that's why i bought the most powerful motor i could find . now i cannot access the field these days so i only tested it in the garden , the garden is not very big .

when the motor runs at a low speed nothing happens when it get's to 60% the plane starts moving slowly , i got the motor to 95% ( i know that's not very good) the plane did start moving relatively fast in the garden , i had to run to catch it , but the garden is small so i don't know what would happen in a bigger field .

can this plane fly ?

Yes. Or maybe, no "kinda big" "most powerful", " slowly" "relatively fast" are all comparative, and not at all useful here.

amine2: can this plane fly ?

Sounds like a question for a Forum that deals with flying model aircraft.

The principal achievement of the Wright brothers was not getting the plane off the ground - it was their control system that allowed it to stay in the air.

...R

since you guys responded , do you know where i can read about the role of capacitors on power supply ? i mean i always put those 10uf caps on regulators sometimes 100uf and some other different capacitance values . i did study all about capacitors theoretically , the physical process and the differential equations .. but i still can't quite figure the role of capacitors on power supplies .

i also understand the oscillators can be used for filtering , and to prevent oscillations . but someone once hinted that changing cap values on a regulator actually influences current draw . that's when it all became a mess

They smooth the DC coming in, smooth the DC going out, and help provide stability.
Read the regulator datasheet you are using to see what values the manufacturer recommends.

CrossRoads: They smooth the DC coming in, smooth the DC going out, and help provide stability. Read the regulator datasheet you are using to see what values the manufacturer recommends.

has nothing to do with current intensity ? if you differentiate you'll find that : C(dU/dt)=i (C=capacity , U=cap voltage , i=intensity)

Well, yeah, if you have big AC ripple coming in, then big value caps will help smooth that out. Look at a classic AC to DC power supply - AC gets converted with full wave bridge rectifier into positive only AC, big caps smooth that into DC-ish level, linear regulator then cuts that down to DC only, hopefully below the level of the smoothed AC. http://electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/134249/full-wave-rectifier-capacitance-calculation If the current draw is too high, the smoothed AC starts showing up at the output of the regulator as the caps are not able to hold the incoming level above Vout + 1V, or Vout + 1.5V, whatever the regulator needs.

Hi,

when the motor runs at a low speed nothing happens when it get's to 60% the plane starts moving slowly , i got the motor to 95% ( i know that's not very good) the plane did start moving relatively fast in the garden ,

Wrong propeller. Tom..... :)

TomGeorge: Hi, Wrong propeller. Tom..... :)

I reckon he needs bigger wheels.

Weedpharma

TomGeorge: Hi, Wrong propeller. Tom..... :)

Hello Sir :) , it's nice to speak with you again . i don't understand how the propeller can be a problem though .

the speed on ground with wheels that the thing got to is around 18km/h

amine2: ... i don't understand how the propeller can be a problem though . ...

The propeller is what makes the plane go forward. If you have "the most powerful motor [you] could find", then you should use it to spin a big propeller to maximize your thrust. More thrust means more lift, More lift means it will come off the ground. Of course it's got to have correctly designed wings too.

Show us a pic.

ChrisTenone: The propeller is what makes the plane go forward. If you have "the most powerful motor [you] could find", then you should use it to spin a big propeller to maximize your thrust. More thrust means more lift, More lift means it will come off the ground. Of course it's got to have correctly designed wings too.

What is the power source for your motor and what is the size/weight/power of the motor ?

Post links please.

amine2: the speed on ground with wheels that the thing got to is around 18km/h

That's not very fast. You may need twice that or more.

...R

thank you guys i solved the mechanical problem . now i have an other one so i had this :

the picture points at the 7seg display module , the module is removable so it's manufactured independently . the thing is i was unable to find any documentation on it on the web therefore i was unable to use it .

this is everything written on the module : T7F_DISPLAY REV:Q1 RadioLink .

i am attempting to control that module with an arduino , i tried attaching it to an arduino and sending random data through SPI but i got nothing as i don't know the protocol . the mins of the module as indicated on it are : VDD GND WR DATA SS it has to be a low level synchronous protocol that's why i used SPI .

It looks like this Thread should be in Project Guidance rather than Bar Sport ?

I had originally assumed it was just a joke or a flight of fancy.

...R

Robin2: It looks like this Thread should be in Project Guidance rather than Bar Sport ?

I had originally assumed it was just a joke or a flight of fancy.

...R

yes , i think it should've been in "Project guidance" . thank you Robin

amine2: yes , i think it should've been in "Project guidance" .

So why start it in Bar Sport of all places?

No. Don't answer that.

I have asked the Moderator to move it.

...R

Robin2: So why start it in Bar Sport of all places?

No. Don't answer that.

I have asked the Moderator to move it.

...R

thank you very much Robin .

Your avatar being batman makes the above statement all the more meaningful. :grin:

(C'mon! It's still in bar-sport!)

Project guidance vs. General electronics?

I think I'll leave it here.