can we use Nano BLE 33 sense as I2C master?

I want to use Nano ble 33 sense as master device and take some sensor readings based on them I want my slave device to react.

So I have worked previously with i2c and UNO, Mega, nodemcu etc

But this new board is a little troublesome. It seems they just launched a board without many tests.

I want to connect Nano BLE sense 33 as Master device and use any small microcontroller Arduino nano every (Arduino Nano Every | Arduino Official Store ) as a slave device.

Normal code from wire doesn't work here, any references what can be done?

Thanks in advance

Post the wiring diagram of the setup that doesn't work. If the hardware is correctly set up I would expect this combination to work, although I never tried it myself.

Also post that "normal code from wire"!

shaniot2020:

I have a BME280 connected to SDA/A4 and SCL/A5 and everything seems to work fine.

I used a simple I2C Scanner example that just uses the Wire library directly and an example I wrote that uses the Adafruit_BME280 library which calls the Wire library.

pylon:
Post the wiring diagram of the setup that doesn't work. If the hardware is correctly set up I would expect this combination to work, although I never tried it myself.

Also post that "normal code from wire"!

I am taking about wire library for I2C. Master-slave codes, code is fine, works well with UNO-UNO communication on i2c bus , I want to know if someone tired NANO BLE 33 sense as a MASTER device and connected any other microcontroller (for eg, arduino nano every, or UNO) as SLAVE device and made then communicate with each other.

Klaus_K:
I have a BME280 connected to SDA/A4 and SCL/A5 and everything seems to work fine.

I used a simple I2C Scanner example that just uses the Wire library directly and an example I wrote that uses the Adafruit_BME280 library which calls the Wire library.

Sure, simple sensors will work. I already have 12 different sensors on my I2C bus and they work well with NANO BLE SENSE 33. But now, I want to connect another Arduino(for eg. - nano every) as a slave device and make the communication works.

In the final application, I will be taking values from I2C bus from other sensors and then tell my slave Arduino to react based on the values received. For example, temp sensor is connected with nano BLE 33 and taking values, now, if the temp is more than 15 then LED matrix connected on the SLAVE Arduino should react to it and show what I want it to display.

Unfortunately, I could not find a single use case where anyone used NANO BLE SENSE 33 as MASTER device. I want to know if someone has experience or if someone can connect me with some tutorial.

I hope I cleared myself well this time. Thanks in advance.

shaniot2020:
Unfortunately, I could not find a single use case where anyone used NANO BLE SENSE 33 as MASTER device. I want to know if someone has experience or if someone can connect me with some tutorial.

Talking to sensors makes the Arduino Nano 33 BLE the I2C Master. There is nothing more to it.

Can you post your example code for the Nano 33 BLE and the Nano Every? I have both boards and can give it a try later.

I am taking about wire library for I2C. Master-slave codes, code is fine, works well with UNO-UNO communication on i2c bus , I want to know if someone tired NANO BLE 33 sense as a MASTER device and connected any other microcontroller (for eg, arduino nano every, or UNO) as SLAVE device and made then communicate with each other.

You still didn't post the wiring diagram of your setup. If you do the hardware wrong don't expect the software to deliver what you expect!

As the Nano BLE 33 is a 3.3V device and the UNO or Nano Every is a 5V device you shouldn't connect them directly. That's why I asked for the wiring diagram but you still failed to post one!