Can you actually buy these anywhere??

And at a good price? Not industrial quantities, but not RARITIES either! It is as it goes, with one you do as much, with a _few... you get other ideas. One is nothing, two is half of one, three is one. I am already having trouble in my only online source and the local source is understocked and impossibly expensive. As soon as I programmed to buy my second board, it went sold out and none available!!! I d swear the page was there for years untouched... til I got interested. Now I cannot find the nano version, and even the UNO is jumping pricey impossibly. I think you are mostly benefitted by low prices for technical reasons...

Where are you located, and what are you talking about?

This is the Big Apple :grin: but I do not want to reveal my sources to not affect supply even more... One online and one local. If I depend on those two sources, it is OVER, FINITO, no more arduino development and what I have is all I ll get. For the price I can get the last one I could find locally, I am better off buying videogames, for instance.

Whatever.

You've made no mention of the price you wish to pay. Do you mean New York when you say big apple? If so I do not really believe that New York only has one reasonably priced retailer.

What about Ebay? Whats wrong with these knock offs: - Pro Mini $2.95 - Uno $5.99

The board may be of a lesser quality ( quite good in my experience ), but the processor is still made by Atmel.

I do not want to reveal my sources to not affect supply even more

I don't really see a supplier getting their panties in a tangle just because you gave them a bad press on this forum, and black-listing you.

Sparkfun, adafruit, Pololu, RadioShack?

The Big Apple is New York :grin: and I did say online; when it is online it is online, worlwide! Not truly many sources really. I repeat: cannot find the boards, can find them only at exorbitant prices compared to what I already paid for it. I do not use Ebay, I do not truly like how offers are so individually responsible, not company upheld, my sources were comfortable enough til I wanted something more! But I ll peruse the options you gave above...

What happened to the OEM version ones from Italy? Surely they must have automatized flexible fabrication and ensured their components stock! I am considering following a diagram and DIY sourcing! It is hard to handle compatibilty and version issues when you are barely starting with the hardware and the real issue is still the programming.

Rarities... Arduino UNO R3 ATmega328P: $113.75 in eBay. Seems to be the OEM. See why videogames become a better option? And eBay does not accept cards but through PayPal only. Bu. :P

Arduino UNO R3 ATmega328P: $113.75 in eBay.

That's absurd.... Sparkfun's are 30USD.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't do drugs.

syntotic: Rarities... Arduino UNO R3 ATmega328P: $113.75 in eBay. Seems to be the OEM.

It clearly says its a clone, its just a claim to high quality. It is a mistake, if you look at the previously sold list they went for $13.75

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNO-R3-ATmega328P-ATmega16U2-Free-Cable-for-Arduino-FAST-US-QUALITY-SHIP-/181233924280?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a326238b8

syntotic: And at a good price? Not industrial quantities, but not RARITIES either! It is as it goes, with one you do as much, with a _few... you get other ideas. One is nothing, two is half of one, three is one.

What the hell are you talking about? Buy what anywhere?

One is nothing, two is half of one, three is one

I am the eggman....

Kangaroo loose in the top paddock...

pYro_65:

syntotic: Rarities... Arduino UNO R3 ATmega328P: $113.75 in eBay. Seems to be the OEM.

It clearly says its a clone, its just a claim to high quality. It is a mistake, if you look at the previously sold list they went for $13.75

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNO-R3-ATmega328P-ATmega16U2-Free-Cable-for-Arduino-FAST-US-QUALITY-SHIP-/181233924280?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a326238b8

I agree it's just a typo in the posted ad, however it shows he did indeed sell one for the $113.75 price. That made his day for sure I bet. :D

TomGeorge: Kangaroo loose in the top paddock...

Could use a translation for us U.S. types. ;)

On the off chance that the poster is asking a serious question, and not just trolling....

Generally, people don't buy industrial quantities of the Uno (unless they are a retailer). It is a prototype platform, made to make things easy to setup and test. The expectation is if you are going to make a product/gift/etc. out of it, you will move on to programming the raw chips, and eliminate all of the extra expense that comes with the prototype board. I.e. instead of using multiple Uno's at $30/each, you would go to the components, at $5-10/each if you bought them in low quantities, and depending on what extras you need. If you don't need the complexity of the Uno, you can downgrade to the ATtiny85 and other such microprocessors, and reduce the cost even further.

Second, we are in the middle of the winter holiday season that many people give gifts to other people. It is likely that a lot of people have bought Uno's to give to others, and stores are temporarily out of stock.

FWIW, I just went over to Adafruit.com (which is based in New York city, but I don't believe they have a retail space), and they list it as being in stock. There is no indication of how many they have in stock, and in the past I have noticed that the number in stock only shows up when it is under 100. So you could probably buy 100 or so from them if desired. Lets see, robotshop.com has them in stock. Jameco.com also has them in stock. Digikey lists 565 of the surface mounted UNO in stock, and 3,586 of the through hole Uno (this is the one you want if you want to go down the burn a compatible 328p chip). Amazon.com also has Uno's for sale.

I also checked Microcenter, which in the Massachusetts area sells some parts to electronics hobby folk, and changed my store to the NY/NJ stores. It looks like they have 5 in North New Jersey, 1 in Long Island, and 6 in Yonkers. However, I've had bad experience with Micro Center's ability to know how much is in stock, so I would call first before venturing out.

If you are talking about Radio Shack, note that first of all the modern RS had forgotten its roots of serving the hobbiest community. Recently they are trying to re-enter the market, but they are facing an uphill battle. I've read various reports that speculate they may be on their last legs, which might mean that they are not ordering as much stock. In the RS's I've been to, generally they only have a few available, and most of the clerks have no idea what they are.

TomGeorge: Kangaroo loose in the top paddock...

retrolefty: Could use a translation for us U.S. types. ;)

Well, we have a saying "a few roos short in the top paddock", which is like "a few sandwiches short of the full picnic", or "not the sharpest tool in the toolshed".

The notion of a "roo loose" would be not so much that there is a shortage of kangaroos in the "top" paddock (if you get my drift) but they are behaving in a strange way.

wizdum: And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't do drugs.

Yeah really... what the heck is going on here? Here's another source... direct from China... readily available. Radio Shack here in town has Micros in stock too. Maybe he's wanting wholesale?

(link to company using the Arduino logo without permission removed) (Nano for $10, Mega 2560 for $17, shields and sensors too, UNO for $15 or $13)