Can you help me solder this arduino rotary encoder to a pcb

hi,
I am using a rotary encoder for my arduino music project with gnd + key s1 s2,
I am making a pcb version of my arduino project breadboard,
but it seems difficult to use this rotary to put it on a pcb,
can you tell me which model i can use to do this?
that does the same job as this one?
thank you

Have holes (VIA) for the pins of this PTH (Pin Through Hole) part.

thanks for your reply,
I am worried about the stability and durability of this encoder since I don't know how it can be stable on the pcb and strong enough so that I can push down on this encoder without bending the pins. do you know how to solve this or do you have a visual of sometype of pcb that was designed to sit this encoder down in a straight way?

It is designed to be mounted through a panel so that the PCB is supported from the pins, thus there is no force on the pins when the encoder is used

yes, but the pins are located on the side, and it requires a lot of force to click down on the encoder, so the pcb will want to lean down to the side

You could use something like this which appears similar to the component used in the module you have linked to.

You'd then have to add the capacitors and resistors which your module incorporates.
You'll have to check yourself if it is OK for you (with push switch, number of steps per revolution etc.)

The encoder is designed to be passed through a hole in the project front panel and clamped in place using the nut on the shaft collar. The PCB is connected to the pins so they are not subjected to any force when the encoder is used

yes that looks like a good idea, can you explain what the capacitors and resistors included on the model are used for? I need 20 steps and the pins have to be key s1 s2 gnd +

i'm a newbie so i dont understand why i am actually using this type of encoder right now,
all i know is it works with my arduino code.
any help regarding using this exact same type of encoder or fully compatible to make a nice and strong pcb version is a lot of help

is it me pressing hard or is that going to bend?

the pins are the structure, the structure is not in the middle..

You don't need a strong PCB. Mount the encoder into your panel and attach the PCB to it. Or use a cable to connect the encoder to your PCB.

when i click on the link of your encoder there is then another link for arduino and that takes me to an encoder similar to the one i was using before on my project with gnd + sw dt clk, but now i am using a different one gnd + sw key s1 s2

ok, so basically there's no other model availabel ! no easy shortcuts.

i was just wondering

Me2 :wink:

If you make your own PCB you can route the connections as you like.

Please show your PCB so that we can understand your problem.

I forgot to mention my main issue is that this encoder is going to be way higher than other elements like push button of 4 mm of height for the base then the plastic cover could be at 5 mm, but this makes me raise the cover up a lot , so there is now an esthetical issue, with a bump ! thats why i was looking to find a smaller version that would be the same height as other components.

Connect the encoder by a cable. Système D :slight_smile:

yess.pdf (223.9 KB)

I dont have the circuit board yet ! thats why i am preparing it and the only preparation issue is this encoder that s higher than the empire state building and needs to be pressed down hard