can you help me with my project pls?

i have a project with a doormat that will buzz then will count how many people had stepped and will display on the lcd the counting on it. pls anyone can help me with this?

How much of the project have you done so far?

What Arduino programming experience do you have?
If the answer is “none” you should study the examples that come with the Arduino IDE and read the tutorial material on the Arduino website and elsewhere.

You may find something useful in planning and implementing a program.

…R

with a doormat that will buzz

I don't think Mouser carries those.

then will count how many people had stepped

I've never heard of a doormat that could count. Walt Disney had a cartoon with a doormouse that could count, but I don't think that's helpful to you.

When is our homework due?

PaulS: with a doormouse

dormouse ? ?

...R

dormouse

cesarponce: i have a project with a doormat that will buzz then will count how many people had stepped and will display on the lcd the counting on it. pls anyone can help me with this?

You need to install a means of detecting someone stepping on the mat. There are commercial mats that could be used. They are effectively metal strips separated by foam.

You Arduino should detect a switch closure then turn on an output to switch a buzzer. Both of theses are basic electronics with many examples available. Once you have detected the mat, you also increment a counter.

Start the project simply, detect a switch and turn on a LED. Work up to,the final project.

Weedpharma

PaulS: I don't think Mouser carries those. I've never heard of a doormat that could count. Walt Disney had a cartoon with a doormouse that could count, but I don't think that's helpful to you.

When is our homework due?

I thought that the doormat in Beauty and the Beast could sing ? does that work ?

yes, there are sensors built into mats. air pressure, pressure sensors, many options.

you have to worry about the 4 step shuffle when someone comes in and wipes multiple times. there are others who take a one step.

you can use debounce, but then risk multiple people entering as a group.

count ? sure. display ? easy enough

get an arduino get a mat get a display

read about inputs try the examples, switch and debounce

write the code

once you get this far, we can help with problems you have.

the project is so simple, you have all the tools in the examples.

Hi,

So what i understood you need to count how many people pass thru a door or step on a doormat?
Isn’t that he same? hmm as i know each house main door has a doormat and you need to count how many people pass that door or just step on the door mat and you will figure out to open or not the door :smiley:

So 1st how many people pass the door:

You can use a simple components to do that but to count accurate only a person need to pass the door a time.
Components:
OLED 128X64 pix. (to display the data).
Arduino
Simple laser
photoresistor

As you see from the components you got a LCD to display the data Arduino to program the components, the laser will be in one side of the door case and in the other side will be the photoresistor covered a bit so it will not get a lot of natural light. How it gonna work? Well when a person pass the door the laser will be interupted and count as a person so then a 2nd pesron pass then = 2 people. Of curse what if pass more than 2 people per time, you can put the sensors down and count 2 feet as a person so 2 interoptions/2 feet as a person.

So 2nd to count people stepping on the door mat:

In this situations there is many options, flat surface buttons inside the mat, electromagnetic field sensor inside the mat. They will work exactly as the 1st example i gave but insted of using a laser you will use components inside the door mat.

About your buzzer you can use a simple example, if a person step then buzz for few sec…etc

If you need more info tell me.
Have fun,
Domino60.