Can you please add the option of marking a question correct.

To: UI designers of forum. We all get struck some where or the other, we look for answers when want some immediate help. Sometimes the posts are so long that by the time we read all that our interest goes down after reading all then we realize it not even helpful or even solved yet. Simply a waste of time.

Kindly please incorporate the option as correct , so that the best answer can be tried out even if its on page 7 of the 11 page topic. For reference, you can see this site https://community.servicenow.com/thread/267352 how nicely they have pointed the correct answer.

Regards, A frustrated guy with very little patience.

There is an option to add "SOLVED" but that depends on the OP's co-operation to edit the subject line.

To ask the moderators to do it would place an enormous burden on them.

And who knows if its was really solved or not as for some issues there is more than one correct answer or method to fix something. What works for one person might not work for others.

Reading is "learning" and I know I have read some long threads but found my solution to be part of answer 10 and part of answer 99. Following a thread allows you to see how the result was arrived at and often it is those steps that allow you to get the understanding you need.

It would be great if more people would follow the guideline of marking posts [solved], as recommended in the "How to use this forum - please read" thread. I haven't taken that up as a crusade because it's enough work just trying to convince people to not cross post, auto format, and use code tags.

Even on Arduino Stack Exchange, where there's a whole infrastructure in place for marking questions as answered, it doesn't get done enough. However, it is certainly more common on that site so shariq_azim might find it useful to check there for solutions first.

shariq_azim: To: UI designers of forum. We all get struck some where or the other, we look for answers when want some immediate help. Sometimes the posts are so long that by the time we read all that our interest goes down after reading all then we realize it not even helpful or even solved yet. Simply a waste of time.

I don't think it is as simple as marking an answer (NOT a question !) as correct because there can be shades of grey - perhaps only part is correct, or perhaps it is only part of the solution.

I agree that long Threads can be a PITA and when I write little tutorials I try to keep the important stuff at the top and, if necessary, mention which later Reply has more stuff. See for example this Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial. However most Threads evolve without any forethought so it is not really practical to do the same thing. There is also the obvious problem that the author of the Original Post (i.e. the question) is unlikely to be the person who provides the answer and the latter does not have the power to edit the Original Post.

There is nothing to prevent you from starting a Thread with your own question if a reasonable search fails to find an answer.

...R