Can you see what i can't.

HI not sure where to ask this question. As I read through different forums, I notice that when the pictures are posted that they fail to show up for me. All I see is a square. Other times the url is listed and all works just fine. Is there something that I need to turn on to see the pictures.

What device you viewing on?

They could be hosted at certain spam/virus/worm laden websites that are being blocked.
Smarter posters Attach the picture, and make the 2nd step of copying the link and pasting it into the forum.
Or they use websites that are not blocked.
Example:

IBM laptop running windows 10. Crossroads I see your picture just fine. Please take a look at a post in this forum. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=394443.msg2714656#msg2714656Post #9 by LarryD There is no picture just a square with an X.

I see this on both Windows 7 and iPad.

2016-04-28_19-07-41.png

Sorry LarryD. All I see is a black box with the letter X. As stated I an using IBM laptop with windows 10 Internet Explorer. OK I just try it in Firefox and I can see everything just fine. I've been told that I.E. is not that good any more with win 10.

I am staying away from 10 as long as I can.
Google Chrome is good.

Naneen:
Sorry LarryD. All I see is a black box with the letter X. As stated I an using IBM laptop with windows 10 Internet Explorer. OK I just try it in Firefox and I can see everything just fine. I've been told that I.E. is not that good any more with win 10.

I can confirm the issue using IE10 on Windows8. Works fine in Firefox and Chrome.

Seems to be images that are hosted on arduino.cc do not work when embedded in a post. They work when you directly access them (copy url and paste in e.g. new window).

I don't have a problem seeing pictures with Win7 and Chrome at home.
Win7 and IE11 at work has all kinds of issues, many of which are blocked access websites.

I noticed that if I click View Image in Firefox@Kubuntu 15.10, then it suggests to download it. Wild guess is that a wrong content type is send. Some browsers display it in img tags anyway, some apparently don't.

This is BTW in line with the URL "action=dlattach". Most probably, this sends a binary content type, so stuff like code files actually open the download window as expected in most cases, and not open it a a plain text file in the browser.

So the question is if there is another action that causes the right content type to be send.

Hi,
IE10.......? ? ? I haven't bothered with it since about IE7 or earlier.

The minute the computer mags that use to have the CD in them, stopped putting IE in its collection and provided Opera and Firefox or its earlier version, I switched away from IE.

Windows 10, I'll load it when I'm payed to, or about 12months before Win11, they might have all the bugs ironed out by then.

Tom.....WIN7.... :slight_smile:

TomGeorge:
Windows 10, I'll load it when I'm payed to, or about 12months before Win11, they might have all the bugs ironed out by then.

Who says there will be one? There was no Windows 9. :slight_smile:

Maybe it will be Windows 25 :wink:

OK, this is a deliberate and well-known problem with (no - "feature" of) the forum software - discussed (without any meaningful resolution) here.

LarryD:
I am staying away from 10 as long as I can.
Google Chrome is good.

Same, but the upgrade popup appears every time i turn on. Very annoying

Here is a description how to stop the upgrade https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3080351

Attached is a ziped reg file, that performs that action. (source: ct - heise.de), worked perfectly on my Win7.

NoWin10.zip (354 Bytes)

Much better:

Steve Gibson's "Never10".