Cannot access Arduino serial port on FreeBSD

I wrote an application running on FreeBSD that sends some serial data (cpu usage, temp, etc ) to my Arduino DUE, connected via the USB cable.
The DUE presents itself to the system as /dev/cuaU0 so I write to this serial port and it works fine.

Now I want to replace the DUE with a smaller Arduino Pro Micro but I can’t see it on the system.
When I plug it in, it finds the device: “ugen0.2: at usbus0”

but it only creates: “ums0: 3 buttons and [XYZ] coordinates ID=1” which is a mouse ??

But I can’t see a com port like /dev/cuaU0

I specifically choose this Arduino because it provides serial communication via USB on the main chip (So I assumed no special driver was needed) as it says on Arduino website.
http://arduino.cc/en/Main/arduinoBoardMicro

The ATmega32U4 provides UART TTL (5V) serial communication, which is available on digital pins 0 (RX) and 1 (TX). The 32U4 also allows for serial (CDC) communication over USB and appears as a virtual com port to software on the computer. The chip also acts as a full speed USB 2.0 device, using standard USB COM drivers.

How do I get this to work and send serial data to this Arduino Pro Micro ?

Anyone know what the difference is between the way this Pro Micro and the DUE handles serial data ? On the DUE it all works fine.

thanks

Do you have the [comms/uarduno] port installed, and stated in /boot/loader.conf?

What is the output of 'dmesg' once inserted after the host has booted?

Kr,

JamesElstone