cannot compile on ubuntu 9.10

I have just tried to run arduino-0017 on my Ubuntu 9.10

i get these errors:

/home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.c:26:22: error: inttypes.h: No such file or directory

/home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.c:27:20: error: avr/io.h: No such file or directory

/home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.c:28:27: error: avr/interrupt.h: No such file or directory

/home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.c:29:26: error: avr/pgmspace.h: No such file or directory

/home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.c:30:19: error: stdio.h: No such file or directory

from /home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.c:32:

/home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/wiring.h:101: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or 'attribute' before 'boolean'

/home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/wiring.h:102: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or 'attribute' before 'byte'

/home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/wiring.h:110: error: expected ')' before 'mode'

/home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/wiring.h:111: error: expected ')' before 'int'

/home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/wiring.h:123: error: expected ')' before 'pin'

/home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/wiring.h:125: error: expected ')' before 'dataPin'

/home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/wiring.h:127: error: expected ')' before 'void'

/home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/wiring_private.h:30:23: error: avr/delay.h: No such file or directory

/home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.c:43: error: expected ')' before 'interruptNum'

/home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.c:102: error: expected ')' before 'interruptNum'

/home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.c:202: error: redefinition of 'SIGNAL'

/home/darrell/Desktop/arduino stuff/arduino-0017/hardware/cores/arduino/WInterrupts.c:197: error: previous definition of 'SIGNAL' was here

whats it mean?

Thanks in advance

You have to install the packages gcc-avr and avr-libc to compile with the ardino. Looks like avr-libc is not installed?

Eberhard

Also, if you are using 64bit you will want to look at librxtxSerial.so as you need to compile a version yourself and then overwrite the one that comes with Arduino.

-Hurgh-

Cheers guys,

Its workin now.

Its a pitty i think i just fried my nano though!!

When you replace it, you might consider getting a Duemilanove, too. Then, you can develop on the Duemilanove. If you screw something up, and fry the chip, it’s easily replaceable.

SMD chips are replaceable, too, but it’s a lot harder.

When the hardware works, you can switch it, and the code, to the nano.