Cannot delay camera trip from laser trigger

I recently posted about how to use delay (n) in my sketch to adjust timing of water drop photography. The trigger to the camera works great, but the timing is way off, as I have about 500mm off of the splash surface. A laser pointer is used for the light, and is not wired into the circuit.
I use 3 pins on Arduino Micro, pin 0 is the photo sensor, pin 10 is an L.E.D. indicator light, Pin 12 to optoisolator to trip camera shutter. In my code, and I am a newbie, I put delay just before pin 12 goes high. If there is any number ie Delay(50) it will not trip the shutter. Delay(0) will allow the shutter to trip. What am I doing wrong? The L.E.D. seems to have the delay, I just need to delay the time before pin 12 goes high, and it only needs to stay high for an instant, to trip the shutter. Here is the code I use, and I just put the #define…back in so you can see what pins are used etc. I don’t really use define.
Thanks for any help I can get.
Steve
PS…could it be that when the delay is active, the event is already over and will not trigger pin 12? just guessing…

/* Laser camera trigger. Define is only here
to show what pins are being used, and for what reason

*/

#define SENSOR_PIN 0
#define LED_PIN 10
#define Camera_TRIGGER_PIN 12

void setup() {
pinMode(12, OUTPUT);
pinMode(10, OUTPUT);
}

void loop(){
if(analogRead(0) < 880){
digitalWrite(10, HIGH);
delay(500);
digitalWrite(12, HIGH);
} else{
digitalWrite(10, LOW);
digitalWrite(12, LOW);
}
}

My guess would be that Pin 12 is not staying high long enough to trigger the camera. I would add a short delay AFTER setting Pin 12 high to make sure the pulse is sufficiently long.

/* 	Laser camera trigger. Define is only here
to show what pins are being used, and for what reason.
*/

#define SENSOR_PIN A0
#define LED_PIN 10
#define Camera_TRIGGER_PIN 12

void setup() {
    pinMode(Camera_TRIGGER_PIN, OUTPUT);
    pinMode(LED_PIN, OUTPUT);
}

void loop(){
    if(analogRead(0) < 880) {
        digitalWrite(LED_PIN, HIGH);
        delay(500);
        digitalWrite(Camera_TRIGGER_PIN , HIGH);
        delay(10);  // Make sure the pulse is at least 1/100th of a second
    } else {
        digitalWrite(LED_PIN, LOW);
        digitalWrite(Camera_TRIGGER_PIN , LOW);
    }
}

YES! That did it. Thank you so much John.