Cannot get blink to work

Please help. I have bought 2 101s but I can't even make work the Blink example.

This is what I have:

• iMac with OSX El Capitan 10.11.6.
  • Arduino Software 1.6.12.
  • Intel Curie Boards 1.0.7.

When I upload any sketch this is what the IDE says:

Sketch uses 17,648 bytes (11%) of program storage space. Maximum is 155,648 bytes.
Starting download script...

It shows me the "Uploading..." message during 120 seconds, then it shows me the "Done uploading." message. But the board does nothing. And the "Starting download script..." is the last message sent to the IDE.

And that is the same behavior for both of my 2 new boards.

I tried the "[OSX] Uploading issue: Cannot open DFU device 8087:0aba" by @facchinm. But the path indicated to put the file dfu-util does not even exist in my computer.

Please help me. I waited 2 months for these boards (I had to import them) and I really need them to be working.

Thanks in advance.

I'm confused as to the features on thee 101. I know we can use it like an Arduino Uno - using the 101 board in the Arduino IDE. So yes I can use it like an UNO.

But what is the other part - the Zephyr ? Is there another chip I can write seperate code on ? Do I have to upload Zephyr to it ? How do I program that part ? Do I need different cables to the Arduino side (ie more than a USB) ? Can enyone provide a brief overview of all this part.

What I find amazing is this thing has a 1218 node nerual network on it, with hardly any docuementation !! And its brilliant. What is going on with Intel - why is this and the D2000 being half launched, and nobody is told anything about how to use all the features ?