Cannot get ESP32 Feather in "Board" menu after installation.

Good evening folks,

So my problem right now is that I cannot get the Adafruit ESP32 Feather in the Board menu of Arduino IDE, despite having installed everything for it.

I am currently running Linux Mint KDE 18.2, the most recent version of Arduino IDE (just installed it a couple days ago).

I have followed the instructions here for installing the espressif/arduino repository and I made sure the CP210x driver was installed.

What am I doing wrong?

Do any of the ESP32 boards show up in the Tools > Board menu?

None at all.

Sorry to double post, I don't see an edit option for my previous post.

I will take screen caps of everything as soon as I get home. I had to install the espressif/arduino stuff in root for some reason, it would not allow it in normal.

I'm still getting used to running Linux again, but i dont think I missed anything in the setup instructions.

most recent version of Arduino IDE

The version in the repos is very old. Be sure to use the IDE from https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software.

This article may help for USB serial port problems. The board should appear as /dev/usbttyUSBn where n starts at 0 even if the IDE is not running or installed.

Remove the current installation. When re-installing, cut-and-paste the lines in the instructions to avoid typos.

I use ESP32 Arduino on Ubuntu 14.04 with a variety of ESP32 boards.

Good point about the IDE version gdsports. Often people think they're using the latest when they do apt-get arduino. LtShinySides, which IDE version are you using?

Thanks to gdsports tip, I'm now running 1.8.5.

I'm not sure what the version was that I had, but in comparison it looked very quaint and basic.

Thank you all for the help, I greatly appreciate it!