Cannot install driver for Uno

Hello everyone.

I am having a hard time to install Arduino Uno drivers.

As far I know, when I plug the USB cable in my PC, I should see an Arduino Uno entry under Other devices on Device Manager.

Unfortunately, I get USB2.0-Serial under Other devices. When I right-click it and go to

• Properties
  • Update driver
  • Browse on my computer
  • choose C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\drivers
  • Ok

Windows says it could not find the driver.

Into the Arduino IDE, submenu Port (under Tools) is disable, yet the selected board is correctly Arduino Genuino/Uno.

My PC is running an Windiws 7 Ultimate.

You need to google CH340 and install the drivers.

These are for CLONE Arduinos and are not included with the IDE.

Ballscrewbob: You need to google CH340 and install the drivers.

These are for CLONE Arduinos and are not included with the IDE.

Right.

I just downloaded CH340G driver from here.

The downloaded zip file has a CH341SER folder, which has a file conveniently called SETUP.EXE. It did the trick and now everything works.

Thank you.

yet the selected board is correctly Arduino Genuino/Uno.

I know that the issue was solved; but to make sure, why it didn't work although the correct board was selected: One has to distinguish if we are talking about Windows system (USB/serial communication) or IDE application.

The pre-conditions to get an Arduino board talk to your OS: 1. The OS has to detect the Arduino when connected via USB (this has to do with the correct - board dependent - driver to be installed. Either by default or by a fresh new install in the case of Arduino clones, e.g. CH340 driven) 2. In the IDE one has to select the right Arduino board (which can be done without having the correct USB/serial communication driver installed in the OS) 3. After having installed the correct USB/serial communication driver (e.g. CH340, Prolific, FTDI ..) one has to select the correct COM port (and: communication speed)

rpt007: I know that the issue was solved; but to make sure, why it didn't work although the correct board was selected: One has to distinguish if we are talking about Windows system (USB/serial communication) or IDE application.

The pre-conditions to get an Arduino board talk to your OS: 1. The OS has to detect the Arduino when connected via USB (this has to do with the correct - board dependent - driver to be installed. Either by default or by a fresh new install in the case of Arduino clones, e.g. CH340 driven) 2. In the IDE one has to select the right Arduino board (which can be done without having the correct USB/serial communication driver installed in the OS) 3. After having installed the correct USB/serial communication driver (e.g. CH340, Prolific, FTDI ..) one has to select the correct COM port (and: communication speed)

Thank you for the clarification.

Now I am running it on Linux and I didn't need to install any driver (maybe my distro already has the right drivers). It is even easier.

Thanks for the feedback; sometimes Linux is better :) and it's getting better day by day.