Cannot program Due

I just bought an Arduino Due, installed Arduino 1.6.7 on a WinXP computer, upgraded the boards for SAM and SAMd, as the Due documentation said, but it gives an error when I try to upload. When I upload (using the included Blink program) I get the following messages:

Sketch uses 22,116 bytes (4%) of program storage space. Maximum is 524,288 bytes.
bossac.exe: extra arguments found
Try 'bossac.exe -h' or 'bossac.exe --help' for more information

The forum has a topic on this, but no actual solution for the Due that I could see - how do I make this work.

I also updated a few other items in the Board Manager that looked remotely like they related to the Due, but no luck.

Did you try google first?
A Helpful Link

And why do you have Windows XP?! so outdated :stuck_out_tongue:

Got it working - had to go to 1.6.9 and it works fine on both WinXP and Windows 7.

I'm unable to upload also to my new Due. I loaded IDE 1.6.9 and the core. Yet I see no evidence of the bossa nor can I find instructions on the bossa use within the IDE. Yes have have googled this topic. All I find are topics on using the bossa uploader independent of the Ardunio IDE. How did you get your IDE to work with the DUE?

Thanks

Try going to Tools -> Board -> Board Manager...
Then install the "Arduino SAM Boards (32-bits ARM Cortex-M3) by Arduino version 1.6.8"

Should work...

Bruce,
I see your posting that you went to IDE 1.6.9 and had success downloading the the DUE. I did that as well and I was able to download the simple "Blink" sketch successfully too. Thanks for posting that info. I also have been working with the UNO exclusively for the past year or two. With 1.6.9 I ran into issues when I compiled one my UNO sketches that references several libraries such as the SD, LiquidCrystal and GPS.
I would get error messgaes saying the were issues with these libraries. Did you run into this as well?
Steve

Come to think of it...I also ran into that issue wit the RF24 library, while it used to compile, now it gave me several errors of undefined variables. I had to put the library in the libraries folder, then it worked again.