Cannot Properly Upload GRBL (has worked before)

Hi all!

So I am building a CNC machine using my arduino uno as the hub. The machine has already been built, but I am rebuilding it using the same arduino. It already had all of the software installed. I first soldered a set of axes together, tested it with the arduino, it worked, all was going well. It wasn’t until I soldered two new axes to the board that I ran into problems. When I try to connect to GRBL controller, I get this error: “No data from COM port after connect. Expecting Grbl version string”. So, I tried to reinstall GRBL, using XLoader, it did not work. I then tried it using the actual arduino software, to no avail. I get this error:

“”"

Arduino: 1.8.2 (Windows Store 1.8.5.0) (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

In file included from C:\Users\msoda\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\grbl/grbl.h:43:0,

from M:\grbl-master\grbl\examples\grblUpload\grblUpload.ino:27:

C:\Users\msoda\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\grbl/nuts_bolts.h:25:0: warning: "false" redefined

#define false 0

^

In file included from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.5.0_x64__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:24:0,

from sketch\grblUpload.ino.cpp:1:

c:\program files\windowsapps\arduinollc.arduinoide_1.8.5.0_x64__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr\lib\gcc\avr\4.9.2\include\stdbool.h:42:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define false false

^

In file included from C:\Users\msoda\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\grbl/grbl.h:43:0,

C:\Users\msoda\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\grbl/nuts_bolts.h:26:0: warning: "true" redefined

#define true 1

^

In file included from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.5.0_x64__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:24:0,

from sketch\grblUpload.ino.cpp:1:

c:\program files\windowsapps\arduinollc.arduinoide_1.8.5.0_x64__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\tools\avr\lib\gcc\avr\4.9.2\include\stdbool.h:43:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define true true

^

C:\Users\msoda\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\grbl/nuts_bolts.h:51:0: warning: "max" redefined

#define max(a,b) (((a) > (b)) ? (a) : (b))

^

In file included from sketch\grblUpload.ino.cpp:1:0:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.5.0_x64__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:93:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define max(a,b) ((a)>(b)?(a):(b))

^

C:\Users\msoda\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\grbl/nuts_bolts.h:52:0: warning: "min" redefined

#define min(a,b) (((a) < (b)) ? (a) : (b))

^

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.5.0_x64__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:92:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define min(a,b) ((a)<(b)?(a):(b))

^

C:\Users\msoda\OneDrive\Documents\Arduino\libraries\grbl/nuts_bolts.h:55:0: warning: "bit" redefined

#define bit(n) (1 << n) 

^

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.5.0_x64__mdqgnx93n4wtt\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/Arduino.h:123:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define bit(b) (1UL << (b))

^

Sketch uses 30058 bytes (93%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32256 bytes.
Global variables use 1486 bytes (72%) of dynamic memory, leaving 562 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x6b
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x6b
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x6b
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x6b
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x6b
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x6b
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x6b
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x6b
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x6b
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x6b
Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

“”"

I’m not sure what else to do. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Drop the "APP" version as many report minor glitches with it.

Go with either 1.6.5 r5 or 1.8.2 as the PROPER program.

Not very sure about GRBL but am coming to that when parts arrive.