Cannot retrieve saved Program without USB Connection

Hello!

I have the following problem, I have uploaded a sketch to my Arduino nano and it all works perfectly, however i do want it to run without having it connected to my computer.
In fact i bought a power from which i want to power it with a Breadboard power module like this one
https://eckstein-shop.de/5V-33V-Stromversorgungsmodul-fuer-MB102-Breadboard-Power-Supply-Modul?curr=EUR&gclid=Cj0KCQiAp7DiBRDdARIsABIMfoAlsTCHT4oll64LsaaeiaTNMPHM-TpRLaf6He9FubnwQTW0ZNhL9SEaAkqhEALw_wcB

The Problem is it only loads the sketch from its memory when i connect it via the mini USB port, when i connect the Breadboard power module's 5V and ground to it it is powered ( as indicated by the led) but it doesnt load the sketch.

Does someone have an Idea? Shouldnt it make no difference how the board gets its power, by USB cable or by the Vin pin?

Thanks Leon

Can you post your sketch? There shouldn’t be anything different from a hardware point of view, but some sketches wait until they have a valid serial connection before they run.

BJHenry:
, but some sketches wait until they have a valid serial connection before they run.

Isn't that only with the Leo/micro if (Serial) thing, which on a nano will never fail anyway?

LeonKareemL:
when i connect the Breadboard power module's 5V and ground to it it is powered ( as indicated by the led) but it doesnt load the sketch.

What is the physical indication of your sketch (not-)working?

arduin_ologist:
Isn't that only with the Leo/micro if (Serial) thing, which on a nano will never fail anyway?

That's a good catch, I didn't realise that it would always pass on non-32U4 boards.

BJHenry:
That's a good catch

Thanks, pure luck that I know that, actually: I bought a micro by mistake a few years ago, during a brain fart when I meant to get a nano.